Channel Strategist II - Global Marketing, GCP
Job Id: REQ-0003240
Channel Strategist II, Global Channel Strategy reports to the Channel Strategy Lead within the global channels marketing team in Global Marketing. The role will assist a team of Channel Strategists to support individual product teams & major campaigns, creating cross channel plans, maintaining the bar for Riot's channel excellence and helping grow Riot's total brand.
As Channel Strategist, you will work closely with specialists across different owned, earned & paid Riot channels, and ultimately regional planning teams to build out & guide execution of go to market plans. Acting as an assist across teams, help establish & ensure adherence to best practices, build channel plans that seek to achieve critical objectives, and deliver exciting & unique player first campaigns.
- Collaborate with insights team on research initiatives that will drive audience & insights led channel briefing & planning, and then ultimately campaign reporting that proves out effectiveness
- Deeply understand game team goals to help translate product marketing plans & tactics into effective channel plans in coordination with channel specialists for owned, earned and paid channels
- Monitoring around industry trends, syndicated research and past Riot campaign to identify best practices/opportunities for channel innovation that improve player experience & outcomes
- Establish close relationships with regional planning teams to drive channel strategy through to market plans and understand local & cultural nuances in channels to help drive effectiveness
- Gain a deep understanding of Riot audiences to advise on both short term planning and long term innovation opportunities
- Cross function with product teams to drive a global player experience that spans cross channels
- 3+ years experience in marketing or channel strategy positions
- Bachelor's degree
- Prior experience working on gaming or entertainment brands
- Previous experience on global campaigns, brands, or products
- Agency background in channel, comms, media planning a plus, especially in an audience-led planning capacity
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.