Director, Accounting (Internal Audit)
Job Id: REQ-0002296
Accountants, analysts, and advisors comprise the core of the Finance discipline at Riot, and our work ensures Riot's offices and partners around the world are optimized for strength and speed -- financial and otherwise. We aim to improve and break the mold of finance organizations without forgoing our fiduciary responsibilities. If we're not crunching numbers, you'll find us playing some of the latest games, pursuing our passions or upgrading our knowledge in accounting and finance.
We are building a Internal Audit team that is passionate about Riot's mission and committed to working directly with teams to advise and collaboratively solve some of our most challenging business issues, solving important operational issues and helping them act in the best interest of Riot.
The Director of Accounting, Internal Audit reporting to the Head of Accounting, will build a team and lead a series of programs to span operational, financial and compliance projects across a variety of departments and international locations, evaluating the design of processes and leading multiple audits across the company. Other projects may include forensic investigations, international reviews and other projects to improve Riot's control environment providing objective assurance and working with teams in an advisory role.
- Lead the development of the annual audit plan, including regular re-evaluation that may influence the plan during the year.
- Build operational audit programs including our processes and underlying systems, conducting interviews and process walkthroughs, and performing audit procedures to assess the operational efficiency of important processes.
- Build working relationships and trust with partners throughout the organization and help them solve their most complex business and operational problems.
- Identify opportunities to enhance the current internal audit program to improve efficiency and increase value.
- Evaluate the significance of audit findings, make practical recommendations, and work with team members on remediation action plans.
- Evaluate global and process-based risk assessments and help develop a dynamic audit plan to address high-risk areas within Riot's global operations.
- Acquire opportunities to act in an advisory role with important partners to increase value and effectiveness.
- Evaluate regulatory compliance programs including reporting, FCPA compliance, legal and fraud detection with our Legal compliance team.
- 12 years of progressive experience in a Big 4 Assurance role and progressive corporate internal audit experience in a senior leadership role is required.
- Experience working in technology, media and entertainment.
- Project management and working across multiple lines of business with a variety of complex products.
- Experience with cloud-based systems and data analytics tools.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting and an actively licensed CPA.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).