Senior Software Engineer - Player Platform, Web Experiences
Job Id: REQ-0002156
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in multiple broader domains. As a Senior Software Engineer, you'll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team goals. You'll lead without authority and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
As a Senior Software Engineer in the Player Platform, Web Experiences team, you'll help us build amazing web experiences across several products including Accounts and Identity, Personalized Content and Web Stores, to name a few. Your expertise building first class web apps that leverage distributed systems will enhance all these products and more. Your work will help drive a cohesive multi-platform experience that powers all games at Riot. You will report to the Engineering Manager of the Web Experiences team.
- Build immersive and functional web experiences that reach millions of players across the globe
- Develop and support our Node.js-based distributed systems used by millions of players
- Partner with product, user experience, visual design and quality assurance to create the best player experience
- Provide high-quality software by writing unit, functional, and integration tests
- Mentor other engineers in your areas of expertise
- Invest in team's complete ownership of our products by participating in on-call rotation
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in a software engineering role (i.e. software, systems, architecture)
- Experience designing, developing and maintaining distributed systems at scale
- Experience with some of the following: microservices architecture, client/service application architecture, web application design and architecture, web services development, API/SDK architecture and development
- Familiarity with "Infrastructure as Code" and tooling like Terraform, Docker and Jenkins
- Familiarity with Cloud Platform providers like AWS or GCP
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).