Job Id: REQ-0002823
In 2016, the Hong Kong Studio became Riot’s first international game development studio. Then in 2020, Riot established the Singapore Studio as its second international studio. Together, across both sites, Riot has been expanding our footprint in Asia to accelerate our talent growth to develop games that deliver great experiences to our players. Our mission is to “deliver high impact, ambitious game experiences that exceed player expectations.”
We partner with our LA headquarters on game development for League of Legends, Teamfight Tactics, Legends of Runeterra, and VALORANT. We’re also building a team for Project L, our take on a fighting game. The Hong Kong and Singapore Studio is seeking talented, passionate people with backgrounds across all areas of game development to build games that make it better to be a player.
We’re focused on working together to promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and inclusivity, so every Rioter can be their best while we boldly pursue games.
That’s where you come in.
As an Infrastructure Engineer, you will support the Hong Kong & Singapore (HKSG) Studio through a time of high growth. You will manage several infrastructure systems, e.g. our physical servers, network and help improve core services. You’ll be a member of Riot’s global IT and infrastructure teams and work collaboratively with our engineering teams to deliver value to our game developers and all of Riot’s Asia regional offices.
Analyse, configure, and maintain network infrastructure and application components for Riot’s Asia networks
- Evaluate, maintain, install, and monitor to ensure that our enterprise network performance meets our Rioters’ satisfaction
- Configure and deploy routers, switches, firewalls and wireless access points in the production and maintain multi-site network operations
- Deploy and manage physical and virtual servers as well as resources with our cloud service providers
- Create and maintain automation that orchestrates management of compute and storage devices
- Manage our Windows domain
- Monitor our enterprise systems infrastructure for both on-prem and cloud, and monitor the health of our network, servers and cloud resources
- Document our network infrastructure, systems, and processes
- Build relationships to collaborate across Riot’s global IT and infrastructure teams and work closely with our engineering teams to deliver value to our game developers
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Network and Infrastructure Engineering, and IT-related disciplines.
- Over 5 years of relevant experience
- Works independently and makes decisions that affect medium to large projects
- Contributes to roadmap products at an individual contributor scope, including tactical implementation details and emergent responses
- Ability to assess and prioritise incoming requests
- Fluent in English
- Networking protocols (TCP/IP), services (DNS), routing (BGP), and tools (ping, tracert)
- Advanced level routing and switching
- Network security (e.g. Firewalls, load balancer, traffic visibility, AAA)
- Network utilities (e.g. ICMP, Syslog, Traceoptions, Netflow, SNMP, Wireshare, etc.)
- Experience with Windows, Linux, Storage and hardware virtualisation
- Scripting languages such as Python, PowerShell, Terraform, or Ansible
- Experience with Windows Domain Administration and Auditing
- System design and administration of imaging services with operating systems including Windows Server and Linux
- Full relocation support
- Full health insurance for you, your spouse and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play Fund so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously!