Software Engineer III, Test - Game Platform Services
Job Id: REQ-0002852
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in different domains. As a Software Engineer, you'll work with all kinds of new/old technology, creating creative solutions to overcome high-volume obstacles and to provide player value.
As a Staff Software Engineer on the Game Platform Services team, you will develop automated test frameworks and tooling that exercise services the team develops. We will also ask you to work with various technology owners across other projects in the Meta Game Services initiative to make sure we have a test automation that supports services in development across the group. You will partner with other teams and disciplines to ensure that your work improves the quality of life and effectiveness of those development partners. Our services are written in Java and are used across all Riot Game titles.
You will report to the Senior QA Manager on the Meta Game Systems Initiative
- Collaborate across multiple teams to ensure the code developed accomplishes expectations from multiple dimensions (quality, modularity, scalability, and industry standards/trends)
- Establish what quality automation looks like across the tooling ecosystem with testing, deployment, and monitoring.
- Maintain a sense of code ownership that includes [develop/deploy/maintain]ing frameworks, platforms, and tools
- Mentorship. You help Rioters develop the tools to shine.
- Participate in the team's support rotation
- Experience working with and implementing test automation frameworks and tooling.
- Have been responsible for leading the development of large cross-team efforts (6-month+ scope), including requirements gathering, planning, and release.
- Championed software development best practices within your organization that includes reviews, standards, performance, scalability, and maintainability
- 2+ years of experience developing within services testing frameworks, familiarity with postman and ReadyAPI
- 2+ years of experience in the microservice/distributed service based environment
- 2+ years of experience working with Jenkins or similar CI tooling
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).