Illustrator II - Global Marketing, Game Marketing
Job Id: REQ-0003285
Riot Games is now a multi-game studio and next on the list...becoming THE entertainment company of the 21st century. As a result, Global Marketing Creative was born to better support all of our Creative Marketing needs, globally.
Illustrators at Riot create and help oversee the quality of art of a project with a focus on visual direction, drawing and painting, and consistency. Your scope of responsibilities covers the illustrated assets and guides produced for a brand or within a campaign. Sometimes more than one brand or campaign at a given time.
As an Illustrator on Global Marketing Creative, you will report to the Head of Story Development Art and your role is to provide illustration, art direction, feedback and guides for the illustrated assets for a brand or campaign alongside a multi-disciplinary creative team that provides content for multimedia. You support your team through advocating for overall culture, performance, career growth, artistic quality and collaboration with fellow artists and teams for the Marketing teams' largest Franchise brand moments.
- Provide high quality illustrated work for production that deliver on the creative strategy
- Strategize, improve or develop efficient art pipelines and tooling
- Improve efforts to build outsourcing strategies and documentation
- Provide art feedback to internal and external developers to maintain quality and consistency throughout the campaign
- Partner with the Art Director and Craft Leads to shape and drive overall art strategy for LOL Inc. Marketing
- Determine skills and timing needed to achieve goals on a successful campaign
- Help to establish art style, tone and tactics for multiple assets of a campaign
- 5+ years of experience, including 3+ working as an IC in publishing or gaming and 2+ years of professional experience providing art direction and mentorship across a multi-disciplinary team
- Solid knowledge of Illustration, concept / design, storytelling, animation with understanding of the creative development process
- Showcase ability to paint or draw in a variety of art styles
- Persistent self-education around innovations in marketing creative
- Knowledge of League of Legends IP
- Experience owning and effectively communicating about projects and workflow
- Experience in Visual Development or world building for games, film, or animation
- Experience in areas such as motion graphics, illustration, animation, or 2D/CG Production
- User experience as it relates to web, mobile, television, and film development
- Creative direction and campaign strategic development
- Project leadership experience
- Creative Tools such as Photoshop, ZBrush, Clip Studio Pro, Blender, Storyboard Pro, Maya, any other 3D / 2D software, adobe creative suite or video production tools
- Active member of your craft community
For this role, you'll find success through leadership expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.