TCT - Senior Software Engineer (Backend)
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
We are looking for an experienced backend engineer with solid knowledge of delivering high-quality solutions to massive users. You’ll drive the team to make long-term tech decisions and ensure we’re heading for the higher player experience.
As a Rioter in China, you'll join a team of internationally and culturally diverse professionals that share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention and maniacal passion for gaming.
- Lead and contribute to backend software product design and development.
- Own and commit to evolving the team’s software to a place where it’s secure, high-performance, stable and serves the players well.
- Collaborate with internal/external teams in the product life cycle, use your collaboration skills and tech expertise to ship the product.
- Hands-on coding + Code review, be accountable for the quality and maintainability of the team codebase.
- 5+ years of professional backend experience including coding, architecture design, software delivery.
- Bachelors in CS, EE or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Fluent in Chinese and English, and can drive effective collaboration across language and culture
- Broad technical understanding of common operational and development challenges
- Familiarity with Tencent technologies and processes.
- Professional experience of game development.
- Experience shipping successful games to the markets.