Security Engineering Manager - Information Security
Riot Security Engineers and Analysts hold an in-depth knowledge of specific areas of expertise. We don't just focus on breaking things; we support teams across Riot to develop security capabilities which help protect player experiences. We relish the opportunity to work with new tech stacks and product teams, each with their own unique security risk profile. At the most fundamental level, the goal is to help provide value to players and make life harder for troublemakers.
Our Security Operations team monitors and analyzes Riot’s security efforts across the organization and for our players. The mission is to quickly detect, analyze, and respond to threat actors across the globe. From working with local and federal law enforcement agencies around security incidents to defending against the next DDoS, the team is here to protect Riot and our players.
As a Security Engineering Manager within Security Operations, you will manage a team of Security Engineers. As a mentor and a coach for your team, you will oversee performance management and growth opportunities for a group of security engineers. Your hands-on work will involve overseeing investigation into security events, leading incident response, researching threats, malware and forensics. You will report to the Head of EU Security.
- You will manage a team of 4 to 6 Security Engineers ranging from associate-level to staff-level
- You will mentor engineers, oversee performance management and growth opportunities
- You will oversee the triage and investigation of security events (incident-response, threat-hunting, malware analysis, memory analysis, disk-forensics)
- Work with product teams and security leadership throughout the incident investigation cycle to ensure remediation, eradication and lessons learned are rolled back into daily operations
- Be the European escalation point for all security events and investigations, and contribute to Riot’s global Security Operations road-map
- 3 years experience leading teams and managing engineers on a Security team
- 6 years experience as a Security Engineer (preferably within Security Operations)
- In-depth technical experience at least one of the following: Incident Response and alert generation; Threat-hunting and analysis; Malware analysis; Memory analysis or Disk forensics
- Experience interviewing, hiring and developing security engineers
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc.We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we’re excited to hear from you. Don’t be discouraged if you feel you don’t fully meet every single one of the requirements for a particular role, there’s always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you!