Marketing Creative Director III
Job Id: REQ-0003683
Creative Leadership at Riot transforms publishing’s strategic objectives into creative campaigns. Creative Leaders shepherd the skills of creative partners (both internal and external) to generate engaging content that players will love and share. They work closely with Brand Managers, Product Managers, Artists, Business Development and Video Producers, to support and inspire the team through creative problem solving and leveling up the ideas of others.
As a Marketing Creative Director III, you will create content that introduces players to our game, helps them understand what to expect from their gameplay experiences, and gets them excited to play more. You'll own not just the final content, but the process that leads to that content and the team that makes it happen. You will collaborate with both internal and external creative teams and production partners to provide world-class creative experiences. You will lead creative campaigns that meet strategic goals of publishing and sports teams. You'll report to the Creative Leadership in Brazil.
You’ll report directly to the local Marketing Creative Director Manager, and also also work to ensure the Creative Team is right on track in delivering outstanding creative outputs that not only fits our brand strategies and KPIs, but also making sure that the workflow and the team production timelines are healthy and aligned with every team of stakeholders.
- Extremely curious about everything, does not fear making questions and asking why;
- Hands-on attitude, i.e. getting directly involved in the practical and operational matters;
- Culture keeper: Believe that a team is fueled by a positive culture of respect;
- Team worker: expert collaborator and thrive off of working with other creatives, partners and disciplines.
- Translate Publishing and Esports briefings into creative campaigns and outputs that are aligned with objectives and key results.
- Manage internal creative team and external creative partners (writers, producers, editors, directors, illustration artists, 3D/2D animation, visual designers, music composers, sound designers) to ensure that all output workflow stays on track.
- Use the knowledge of in-house and external experts to develop high quantity and quality global digital marketing/user acquisition assets across platforms and social media channels, and the development of CGI, digital and live action narrative content.
- Contribute to the development of creative vision of the team, bringing different ideas, benchmarks and what would be the top trending creative outputs on the market.
- Work with creative leadership to shape the creative development process
- Build solid presentations to defend creative concepts to product leads and other internal stakeholders to bring experiences to life.
- Manage the creative delivery for the team while also pitching in with individual contributor work.
- Plan and optimize team bandwidth across a robust slate of projects from all the teams, ensuring adequate coverage and maximum impact. Contribute to long range team planning and forecasting, anticipating roadblocks and volume spikes.
- Understanding of what gaming competitors and top entertainment companies are doing in digital advertising and narrative storytelling to drive acquisition, fandom, and engagement.
- 10+ years experience at an advertising agency, creative media company, or client-side with a focus on narrative marketing campaigns that build fan love and drive engagement;
- Experience in delivering campaigns that have impact and meaning with measurable results;
- Experience managing timeline of production, workflow and external vendors, using tools like Airtable, Favro or Trello;
- Experience with scriptwriting, storytelling and working on holistic marketing campaigns from creation to final delivery with a focus on social and performance user acquisition marketing;
- Portfolio of projects that demonstrate your skills as a creative director;
- Mastery of Adobe Suite;
- Expertise in workflow tools like Trello, Airtable, Favro and similar tools;
- Advanced English.
- Experience with live events like opening ceremonies shows, music shows and other creative events in the entertainment industry and esports/sports events.
- Experience working on entertainment properties (e.g. tv shows, series, movies), esports organizations or gaming brands (e.g mobile games)
- Background as a Visual Designer, Art Director or Creative director, Creative Producer.
- Knowledge of games, esports and entertainment, part of a community of gamers, love games and is up to date with relevant new releases on the market.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and your children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations.
Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
We will support moving costs to Sao Paulo.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.