Senior Accountant - Revenue
Job Id: REQ-0004407
Accountants, analysts, and advisors comprise the core of the Finance discipline at Riot, and our work ensures Riot's offices and partners around the world are optimized for strength and speed -- financial and otherwise. We aim to improve and break the mold of finance organizations without forgoing our fiduciary responsibilities. If we're not crunching numbers, you'll find us playing some of the latest games, pursuing our passions or upgrading our knowledge in accounting and finance.
As Senior Accountant - Revenue, your precise work maintaining accurate financial records will ensure that we keep the lights on, the servers humming and the games launching. You'll focus on daily accounting activities for the Revenue team, using your accounting experience and in-depth understanding of accounting principals to ensure the general ledger is keeping Riot on firm footing. Your new ideas will help the team to develop thoughtful approaches to new issues and improve processes. You'll collaborate with other teams, including Game teams, Payments, Legal, Data, and accounting teams in our global offices. This is a new role on the revenue accounting team that reports to the Accounting Senior Manager.
- Run the full-cycle accounting for revenue streams, including the daily work and finding ways to implement or improve processes
- Collaborate with other teams to stay on top of upcoming revenue projects; identify accounting risks and work with team to address them
- Investigate fluctuations and monitor trends in the accounts. Work with other teams to gain an understanding of the story behind the movements
- Manage projects and ad hoc requests while communicating status and deadlines
- Prepare accurate, financial reports for our established month-end reporting schedule
- Address technical accounting issues related to new/complex transactions by identifying and addressing accounting issues, investigating the facts, and researching the proper accounting treatment
- Work with manager and other teams on new revenue transactions
- A bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- A combination of 4+ years of progressive experience in an accounting role
- Familiarity with ASC 606 and strong knowledge of US GAAP standards
- Experience with the revenue cycle
- Proficient with Microsoft excel (can perform complex functions)
- Solid experience with one or more financial ERP systems (Oracle)
- Mobile, console, and other game platform experience
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.