Senior Researcher - Player Platform
Job Id: REQ-0004431
The Insights discipline helps empower Rioters to be more data-informed. We're an interdisciplinary group of scientists, consultants, and strategists from all sorts of backgrounds who join together to represent and advocate for gamers around the world.
As a Researcher on the Player Platform team, you will dive into ambiguous problem spaces, applying a variety of research methods in creative ways to support the design work around the platform's services, including but not limited to our player behavior systems, the commerce services that power Riot’s monetization products, the UX of the client and mobile app and much more.
- Partner with designers and producers as part of a product team to produce insights and frameworks that'll inform the features, systems, and experiences
- Advocate for players and provide strategic guidance about their wants, needs, and behaviors
- Provide strategic insights to test teams' assumptions and inform their actions
- Construct and implement studies and surveys designed to answer business, development, and usability questions
- Design and moderate labs, guiding participants through a set of tasks and prompting them for sincere, relevant feedback
- Share your results with other Rioters in clear, illustrative presentations
- Mentor other researchers, helping them learn from your experiences
- Bachelor's degree in Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, Human-Computer Interaction, or a related discipline plus 5 years of relevant research experience (An advanced degree can account for 1 or more years of experience depending on degree)
- Broad experience in different research methods including running playtests and usability tests, conducting user interviews, and performing survey research with deep expertise in at least one of these areas
- Hypothesis-driven experimentation skills with emphasis on qual/quant user research techniques and playtesting/labs. Familiarity with helping a team test, learn, and iterate
- Experience summarizing & socializing research results and distilling results into impactful recommendations for product leadership
- Familiarity with basic statistical methods for data analysis (regressions, correlations, factor analyses)
- Experience working with game teams, including designers, engineers, artists
- Vendor management experience
- Experience leading complex efforts with multiple collaborators
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.