Principal Program Manager - Publishing, Riot XP Team
Job Id: REQ-0004446
XP is a team focused on driving "Riot moments" and ongoing collaboration across our games, community, entertainment and sport. We prototype new capabilities, shape cross-department process improvement and lead the most complex cross-team projects at Riot.
As the Principal Program Manager, Riot XP Operations (P5), you report to the Lead of Riot XP's Operations Initiative and are part of the Riot XP Operations team. Your focus is to lead high complexity programs called Riot Experiences in which you will lead processes to deliberately move cross-riot programs through its lifecycle stages from discovery to release.
While you will not have direct oversight over the products within the programs you manage, you will rely on process and influence to drive the right outcomes by partnering with a variety of key partners. You will design the right processes and partner with other program managers to get them implemented and reinforced, being directly responsible for managing the cross-Riot program delivery.
- Maintain Riot Experience programs roadmap and keeping main partners informed
- Establish and operate program management processes including requirements gathering, planning and delivery
- Ensure project managers working across the Program integrate their processes to the main project management system
- Facilitate the definition and reinforcement of program management governance frameworks
- Ensure all projects achieve high-quality results that meet both the creative and technical goals of the Program
- Onboard and manage temporary workforce to delivery slices of the Program when needed
- Assess staffing and budget needs along the Program lifecycle and address those along with Leadership
- Create production plans, schedule, budgets, forecasts, outsourcing, and other planning and project tracking devices that ensure the Program is delivered within the timeline
- Manage dependencies and scope negotiation with teams across the organization
- Manage Program budget
- 5+ years of high complexity program management experience in Entertainment or Game industries throughout all stages of its lifecycle from discovery throughout pre-production, production, launch, and full live operations.
- 4+ leading projects and design processes in Publishing or Marketing teams
- 3+ years of experience on products with a live service component in a leadership role
- 5+ years of working in the Games Industry leading marketing or development projects
- 3+ years of working in the entertainment industry in Publishing or Marketing teams
- Have worked under a PMO structure
- Experience with Agile project management
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit and prioritizing the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.