Influencer Manager II
Job Id: REQ-0004538
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As an Influencer Manager you’ll be Riot Latam’s ambassador to the influencer world.
Ideally you are a member of the Riot Games community, and know what truly makes someone an influencer of players’ hearts and minds. You’ll also know that throwing around a checkbook to get the best talent isn’t always as effective as partnering with smart, and creative people to help them speak to their communities about Things That Matter to them.
You don’t need to be a public Influencer yourself, you are more on the talent fostering - promotion side; You can see the influencer group as part of our marketing value chain and manage it as such.
You will report to the Head of Community, Media e Influencers!. You will be based in Mexico City. You will join a lean but dedicated team of Rioters working across multiple communities, and all Riot Games current and future products: VALORANT, League of Legends, League of Legends: Wild Rift, Teamfight Tactics, Legends of Runeterra, Forge Games, our regional esports leagues, music and entertainment products.
You will work closely with the Central and America's team who will provide strategy, processes and tools; but as a Rioter for Latam, you'll have a laser focus on leveling up the experience for players of our region.
- You will be responsible for the development of a strong and thriving community of independent creators, who represent the most important marketing channel for Riot.
- Through the management of the Riot Partner Program (RPP), you will build meaningful and impactful relationships with local influencers, seeking out new talent, and partnering with veterans and new content creators alike.
- Build thriving collaborations and launch engaging content for the game community.
- Help influencers develop their craft and grow their audiences, incorporate and grow new influencers in the community of Riot's games,
- Support all influencers on their needs and be their voice towards Riot and be a Content Creator consultant for the broader Riot team
- At least 5 years of community or influencer related work experience.
- Understanding of the player audience that allows you to cultivate, encourage and curate content they’ll love and share; for you the current gaming streamer ecosystem is well known and Twitch should be your one of your main sources of entertainment
- Clear understanding of the value derived from influencers and how to activate it, capitalize it and measure it, within an entertainment marketing framework.
- A verbal mastermind: you're a communicative dual-threat, expressing yourself in either written or verbal mediums. You are fluent in both English and Spanish
- Empathetic: you evaluate how different audiences might perceive specific content to find the right angle, and you steer clear of gaffes that could create difficult situations.
- Bachelor degree in communications or comparable degree
- Basic to extensive Marketing knowledge and experience is preferred.
- Experience as an influencer or a streamer is “nice to have”.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and members of Riot Games. We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we’re excited to hear from you. Don’t be discouraged if you feel you don’t fully meet every single one of the requirements for a particular role, there’s always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you!