Brand Manager III, Action Games
Job Id: REQ-0004540
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
Riot has now put the “s” in Riot Games with the launch of Teamfight Tactics, Legends of Runeterra, VALORANT, and Wild Rift. As Riot provides players more opportunities to engage with League and new IPs, we continue our journey to become the most player-focused company in the world.
That's where you come in.
As our Action Games Brand Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing the marketing and publishing initiatives for all Action games, such as VALORANT. You will help shape the branding of games & products, while ensuring the successful delivery of marketing contents and campaigns by working with internal teams and third-party operators through our LATAM region.
As a Rioter in Mexico City, you’ll join a tight-knit group of exceptionally bright-minded individuals who share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention, and passion for gaming. Riot Games LATAM is dedicated to create tailored player experiences that show local players they aren’t lost in translation.\
- Develop branding and marketing strategies for all Action games in our portfolio.
- Evaluate, advocate, and drive new insightful initiatives that elevate and reinforce the games brands among key audiences.
- Lead the execution of branding and marketing programs to promote our games in collaboration with Central teams as well as local agencies.
- Oversee the development of local marketing assets to ensure they are of the highest standards and in alignment with our brand guidelines.
- Manage the communication pipeline and coordinate communication across various channels such as social media and web.
- Manage the content roadmap and publishing plans, and align them with multiple stakeholders.
- Monitor the communities and keep the team informed of our players’ sentiments, suggesting actions items when appropriate.
- Establish and use KPIs to steer our marketing efforts to maximize performance
- Experienced marketer : You have a bachelor’s degree and 8+ years of marketing experience in a relevant field.
- Entertainment savvy: You understand the cultural impact of gaming in the entertainment industry and how player experience is elevated to different passion points
- English speaker : You are fluent in written and spoken English communication.
- Player-focused : You are an action and all games fan yourself (Riot’s games encouraged), and you know all the ins and outs of the esports fandom; you are ready to put your extensive insights to work and build marketing initiatives that our fans want to see.
- Team player: You are used to informally lead and listen to different points-of-view to make compelling and successful marketing campaigns while involving multiple stakeholders
- Open-minded : You enjoy brainstorming improvement ideas and encourage discussion of alternative and unconventional approaches.
- Proactive self-starter : You're a highly-motivated independent thinker who'd rather ask for forgiveness than permission.
- Strategic and insight-informed : You have the ability to see the big picture and utilize your suite of skills to level up our channels; you root these insights in strong analysis metrics and stats and know how to turn an insight into a big idea.
- A clear communicator : You can effectively communicate in any medium: presentations, email, conference calls, etc.; you’re able to convert a large amount of information and data into a clear message.
- An avid learner : You are always hungry to learn new things. In the esports market, where things are changing very fast, you are able to not only keep up with the new trends, but also possess the skill sets to apply the lessons learned.
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.