Wild Rift Esports Product Lead
Job Id: REQ-0004513
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
Riot has now put the “s” in Riot Games with the launch of Teamfight Tactics, Legends of Runeterra, VALORANT, and Wild Rift. As Riot provides players more opportunities to engage with League and new IPs, the Esports Pillar is responsible for exploring and identifying new esports products to delight players.
That's where you come in.
As Korea’s Wild Rift Esports Product Lead (Head of Wild Rift Esports), you will architect and execute the vision for Wild Rift Esports in Korea and ensure successful delivery of events and content by working with global and local esports and publishing teams, as well as third-party operators. Reporting directly to the Head of Esports in Korea, you will lead the Wild Rift Esports product team to deliver holistic, outstanding experiences for players, fans, and esports organizations in the Wild Rift Esports ecosystem.
As a Rioter in Seoul, you’ll join a tight-knit group of exceptionally bright-minded individuals who share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention, and passion for gaming. Riot Games Korea is dedicated to creating tailored player experiences that show local players they aren’t lost in translation.
- Develop and drive an overarching strategy for Wild Rift Esports in the Korean market, including setting vision and strategic priorities, establishing the roadmap, and developing growth plans
- Own the holistic fan and competitor experience, and act as both the product leader and partner to other Riot teams to ensure the product vision is delivered
- Manage the regional Wild Rift Esports product P&L, preparing and presenting insights, reports, and recommendations to senior stakeholders as necessary
- As the main representative of the league, manage external relationships with teams, fans, partners, and media
- Act as an internal fusion point between competitive operations, events, broadcast production, business development, marketing, and regional leadership
- Align with the Global Riot team to ensure alignment on and delivery of the global vision for the sport at the local level
- 7+ years of experience in product management or strategy in esports, games, entertainment, tech, and traditional sports industries
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a relevant field
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Korean
- Deep understanding of Wild Rift, Wild Rift Esports, and the esports industry
- Proven ability to create and lead the execution of a multi-year strategy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience leading a team or a large scale project involving numerous contributors
- Experience in the esports industry, especially as a product owner or project manager
- Experience managing and operating a P&L with direct accountability
- Experience building and managing a team of direct reports, including performance management
- Experience outsourcing work to tournament organizers, production companies, and/or broadcasters
- Experience in large scale commercial deals with media companies, corporate partners, and/or the advertising business
- Experienced and comfortable acting as a public facing leader
- An advanced degree in business or law