Game Designer III - Wild Rift, Growth
Job Id: REQ-0004577
As a Game Designer III, you will design, tweak, and optimize the player experience. Your analytical skills, player insight, and creativity aid in crafting in- and out-of-game experiences that engage and surprise players. You will collaborate with interdisciplinary teams and work with every tool at hand to innovate and iterate player-focused designs that'll delight millions around the world.
As a Game Designer III on Wild Rift, you'll report to our Design Lead and help us build innovative and compelling systems that motivate players and drive engagement!
- Work with a diverse team of developers to build new systems and features for Wild Rift to deliver on Riot's strategic goals
- Represent the player experience and key player needs in team discussions
- Design, develop, and oversee systems which increase retention and engagement
- Work with product to plan new feature opportunities based on feedback and learning from shipped features
- 5+ years of experience in professional Game Design
- Shipped or worked on at least one live game title
- Can create complex systems with attention to the holistic impact on the game and the player experience
- Strong understanding of mobile markets
- Experience designing for the mobile and/or console markets
- Experience with or expressed understanding of motivational systems like ranked, progression, social structures, events, and game economy
- Strong understanding of current gaming tastes and trends in the global market
- (Bonus) Bilingual Mandarin Chinese/English
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.