Sr. Manager, Operations - Office of Games COO
Job Id: REQ-0004611
The Office of Games COO is the execution arm for the Games COO of Riot Games. Our mission is to amplify the impact of the Games Pillar Leadership Team by being a partner, facilitator, and executor. We're accountable for the following: incubating internal strategic capabilities, managing the Games COO presence, operating Games rhythms of business, performing special projects, and supporting the Games Pillar Leadership Team.
As the Senior Manager, Operations in the Office of the Games COO (ogCOO) you will report to the Games Pillar Operations Strategy Director. You will be responsible for establishing, delivering and evolving the Rhythm of the Business for all of Games Pillars as well maintaining operational excellence within the Pillar. You are a master of communication and comfortable engaging at any level up to and including the CxO leadership team. You will manage a team of program managers, producers & coordinators tasked with supporting operational needs of the Games Pillar.
- Own and deliver the Rhythm of the Business (ROB), maintain and iteratively evolve as needed to support the evolving needs of the Games Pillar
- Mentor and manage an Operations team at varying levels
- Collaborate with other Program and Project Managers, Operations Managers, HR and Finance peers within the ogCOO and across Riot to ensure consistent delivery of operational excellence across all teams
- Build, deliver and maintain a communication plan to ensure that all ROB, strategic planning, ad hoc escalation and key rituals for the year are delivered for the full Games Pillar at a predictable cadence and consistent quality
- Apply an Agile mindset to to continually evolve and improve taking into account lessons learned and results from retrospectives
- Be willing to take on other programs such as tools, processes and cross pillar focused deliverables as a deliverable for the Operations team
- Maintain delivery of key strategic needs, while meeting ever changing needs of the business
- 10+ years of program, project and portfolio management experience within a Technology and/or Games space
- 5+ years direct people management experience of teams 5 or more individuals
- Deep understanding of operational best practices and have experience working within a Rhythm of the Business process
- 5+ years experience communicating with senior leadership teams (Vx, CxO and similar)
- Excellent listening and relationship building skills. Possess the ability to synthesize and clearly communicate complex insights and focus on the critical issues and actionable opportunities
- Demonstrable experience with process design, process improvement and governance process management
- Be a robust and creative portfolio management expert, being able to
- Experience leading and functioning in ambiguous, collaborative environments with team members of several levels and disciplines
- Organizational agility / savvy and ability to work across organizational boundaries to build alignment at multiple levels of management and drive closure on issues
- Experience with business process design
- Expertise at delivering results in partnership and exerting influence without direct authority over people required to fulfill deliverables
- Have experience successfully delivering programs and complex projects within Games or Technology companies
- Project Management certification (PMP, PgMP, Agile or similar)
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.