Legal Counsel EMEAI
Job Id: REQ-0004708
The Riot Legal Team has the responsibility to constantly provide the highest quality legal services that fully align with Riot's company mission of putting players first. Figuring out what's "best for us" always begins with thinking about what's "best for players." Every policy or contract that we draft; every lawsuit that we file or defend against; every letter we send; and all the legal advice that we give to our partners is always done with our players' interests in mind.
As Legal Counsel in Dublin you will report to Sr. Manager, Legal Counsel in EMEAI (Europe, Middle East, Africa and India), you will work with Rioters and teams across the region.
- Draft, review, and negotiate a variety of commercial agreements including vendor, licensing and publishing agreements and our IT/IP arrangements;
- Provide strategic and practical advice, summarizing and communicating legal concepts that Riot's business teams can understand and use and provide tips and tricks for the teams to move forward;
- Provide training to all teams in the EMEAI region to give them the best legal reflexes.
- You will assist on employment related legal issues across our EMEAI operations;
- You'll always keep yourself updated on the legal landscape and business developments in the video game and entertainment industry;
- Manage local corporate governance and company secretarial matters for our EMEAI offices;
- Research different risk factors regarding decisions and operations;
- Provide clarification on legal language or requirements to relevant EMEAI parties;
- Advise and report to legal leadership, charting the course for big projects and long-term tactics;
- Support the continuous improvement of standard form agreements and legal processes.
- You converse in English and another European language; you can draft, review, and negotiate legal contracts and complex legal concepts in these languages;
- Previous experience working in games, tech, corporate or entertainment industry experience ;
- Multicultural: You have experience working on multiple different projects simultaneously in a multilingual environment.
- Experience in an international environment is a plus;
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical and dental plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games. We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we're excited to hear from you. Don't be discouraged if you feel you don't meet every one of the requirements for a role, there's always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role to make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you!