Senior Program Manager - Creative Department, Creative Talent Strategies
Job Id: REQ-0004801
As a Sr.Manager, Creative Talent Strategies at Riot, you will develop and establish sustainable, effective, inclusive, and global talent strategies to attract and retain the best Creative talent around the world. You’ll partner with our Game Teams, Cultural and University Programs, Recruiting, and People Teams to champion, change, and drive sustainable and reproducible strategies to attract talent. You understand and have a deep appreciation for Creatives, how to attract and energize them, and want to build the best Creative teams the world has to offer. This role is part of Riot’s Creative Department leadership team and reports directly to the Head of the Creative Department whom you’ll collaborate with regularly.
In this well-funded program central to all of Riot, you will have the opportunity to materially change the way Riot finds future Creative talent and actively impact building more diverse teams to create our projects. This includes establishing an Artists Apprenticeship Program on both League of Legends and VALORANT, focusing on how Riot identifies talent, and the systems and tools that Riot has in place to nurture talent once they’ve entered our process. You will help build Riot’s presence at various conferences and events externally, craft a strategy for outreach and attendance at such events, and even utilize annual Creative contests to identify future talent early and sustainably.
- Establishing a multi-year Creative Apprenticeship Program in LA and Seattle (long-term: internationally)
- Develop long-term partnerships with schools to influence curriculums and develop relationships with alumni
- Collaborate with partner teams such as University ProgramsRelations, Enterprise, and product teams (League of Legends, VALORANT)
- Create strategy for convention attendance (including arranging speakers, recruiters, attendees)
- Map out current and future Creative Talent market to identify and advise the Creative Department on long-term talent strategies
- Envision and execute a meaningful Creative-related D&I strategy
- Establish annual creative contest to find future talent
- Travel to campuses and professional conferences across the country and speak on behalf of Riot to College and Professional groups
- Support talent partners to develop effective strategic programs to deliver on the needs of recruiting
- Act as Riot’s liaison to diverse professional organizations and communities
- Interview and qualify passive candidates on a regular basis
- Client management at a company-wide scale
- Greenhouse or comparable Applicant Tracking Software
- Research Tools including Linkedin, Boolean and Deep Web search skills
- G Suite with an emphasis on Drive, Docs, Calendar, and Sheets
- CRM Tools including Salesforce, Workday, Tableau
- 8+ years of experience either in art leadership, post-secondary education, professional training, and or recruitment establishing & managing Artists or delivering diverse recruiting strategies for a global organization
- Experience collaborating across disciplines, programs, and teams building
- Experience putting together a multi-year strategy
- Genuine passion for Creative talent (art, audio, narrative etc.), diversity and inclusion initiatives
- Highly articulate, ability to communicate with everyone from your coordinator to CEO
- Experienced in building meaningful customer relationships across verticals
- Solid knowledge of applicable conferences and events
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.