Senior Manager, Corporate Brand
Job Id: REQ-0004915
The corporate communications team shapes Riot's global identity and reputation with players, future Rioters, partners, and more. Our team functions include public relations, executive visibility, recruiting social media, brand and corporate video, riotgames.com editorial content, and much more. We partner with teams across Riot to showcase what makes Riot special and why we strive to deliver for players every day.
As Riot Games' Senior Manager, Corporate Brand, reporting to the Senior Director, Communications, you'll direct strategy and execution for many of the most important corporate owned-channel programs at the company. Working across corporate channels (riotgames.com, LinkedIn, Riot Careers Twitter, Riot Games YouTube, and more) you'll dial up and amplify the right mix of content to create the most impact. You'll be the brand manager for our employer brand, so you'll help get candidates excited about becoming a Rioter and making incredible things for players. Projects could include serialized articles, evergreen website content, tentpole multi-channel moments, rankings and lists, and much more. You'll manage a team of pros covering editorial, web content, and social strategy while partnering with our Senior Video Producer.
- Build the vision for Riot's corporate brand, which includes Riot's reputation as a world-class employer of choice. At the end of the day, our corporate brand isn't the kind you'll find anywhere else and you need to be ready to make sure corporate doesn't mean stuffy. Among your key partners will be our talent acquisition team, which includes our recruiters and the recruiting operations team
- Manage employer rankings programs including Great Place to Work and plan our approach to external review sites like glassdoor.com
- Oversee the content calendar for Riot-owned channels, including riotgames.com, employer social media channels, our video production timeline, and more
- Create stories that demonstrate Rioters' commitment to our mission and values, show our strong alignment with players, and showcase Rioters as players themselves in compelling, creative ways. Riot's culture is at the heart of our company and you'll help the world better understand what makes us tick
- Oversee updates to different Riot channels and assets including riotgames.com, Riot factsheets and overview presentations, sizzle reels and introductory videos, and more. The Riot Brand team will be a key partner for you here and you'll help them strategize about how the corporate brand can support their efforts
- With your team, manage benchmarking and analytics for projects related to your remit including working with the recruiting team to measure the impact of our work. You'll help identify new tools and processes to track our progress, including hiring agency partners where appropriate
- Partner with the Senior Manager of Executive Communications and the Senior Director of Corporate Communications as part of the Corp Comms leadership team
- 8+ years of experience across a mix of in-house and agency roles
- 5+ years working across multiple communications channels
- 3+ years planning and managing multi-beat campaigns: you have a love for both stories and bringing moments to life in all media from a basic website update to a global marketing campaign
- 3+ years of management: You have a passion for helping develop people and grow their skillset. You set quantifiable goals and measure your progress against them
- 3+ years copyediting and helping coach writers, graphic designers, and others
- 1+ years managing and developing other managers
- 1+ years managing a budget
- You don't have to speak fluent gamer, but you're at least conversational in it, plus you're aware of trends in tech, entertainment, sports, etc. where Riot should be part of the conversation
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.