Audio Lead - League of Legends
Job Id: REQ-0005064
Established in 2020, Riot Singapore is Riot’s second international game development studio. Working together with our Hong Kong Studio, Riot has expanded our footprint in Asia and accelerated our talent growth to develop games that deliver great experiences to our players. Our mission is to “scale Riot’s games to hyper-serve players.”
We partner with our LA headquarters on game development for League of Legends, Teamfight Tactics, Legends of Runeterra, and VALORANT. Riot Singapore is seeking talented, passionate Rioters with backgrounds in all areas of game development to build games that make it better to be a player.
We’re focused on working together to promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and inclusivity, so every Rioter can be their best while we boldly pursue games.
That's where YOU come in.
As an Audio Lead for the League of Legends team, you will be directly responsible for producing high-quality audio content for multiple products. Your consistent high standards and attention to detail will ensure that the content your team makes meets the very high expectations of our players. You’ll build a high-performing remote team, and using your broad knowledge of the creativity, craft, and tech of games production, support and direct them through the process of making awesome stuff.
- As the Audio Lead on several products, you will oversee the quality of the work that your remote team will deliver, direct their day to day activities, and set the bar for excellence
- You will be ultimately responsible for the final quality of the content your multidisciplinary team produces, guiding the ideation, conception, and implementation of audio content for our games, shepherding that design intent through an efficient production process, and ensuring that the content is bug-free while responding to player feedback
- You will build a world-class team by sourcing remote AAA talent and develop and grow their craft skills through training and feedback
- You will collaborate with Rioters in Hong Kong, Singapore, and worldwide to make sure product goals are fulfilled, all stakeholders are satisfied, and working practices are efficient and aligned with the needs of the game
- You will set up and manage sound studios, audio hardware, and equipment.
- You will accomplish your mission with complete autonomy if the need arises; you're dedicated to finding creative and practical solutions to eliminate complex problems vigilantly
- 5+ years of experience developing sound for games or shipping multiple AAA titles
- Expertise in the holistic game audio process (Sound Design, Voice Over, Music Implementation, Technology, Player Experience, etc.)
- Expertise in game engine technical implementation and Wwise audio middleware
- Experience with sound design creation tools (DAW, Izotope, Waves, Melda, Native Instruments, etc.) and techniques
- Experience in setting up sound studios, audio hardware, and software setup
- Experience with voice over processing tools and techniques
- Experience giving thorough direction and delivering timely, explicit feedback
- A strong communicator and able to convey abstract/sophisticated ideas concisely, in English or Chinese
- Proven experience leading/mentoring teams and individuals. Growth minded and motivated towards teaching, enabling, and coaching other Illustrators
- Familiarity with League of Legends - the game, its characters, its products, its players, and community
- Experience teaching audio, online or in-person
- Experience with Reaktor and synthesizers
- Experience with interactive music editing & implementation
- Experience with Scripting or node-based implementation
- Wwise certification