Job Id: REQ-0005239
Riot’s People team exists to help Rioters make better decisions around its talent. We bring our expertise to all areas of HR such as hiring, onboarding, learning and development, diversity and inclusion, performance management, benefits, perks, compensation, employee relations and off-boarding so that all Rioters can flourish. We’re looking for passionate professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. We embrace those who see things differently and aren’t afraid to experiment. That's where you come in.
In Compensation at Riot Games, we don’t just act as a compliance function or make decisions from an ivory tower. Instead, we focus on needs, carefully listening to the problem spaces, and partnering with Rioters to get to an optimal, balanced, equitable outcome stabilizing micro- and macro-level concerns. We view ourselves as trusted advisors with deep craft knowledge in rewards and broad understanding across the employment ecosystem. Working in People at Riot enables you to redefine what positive human resources practices are by combining the best of standard methodologies with your creativity and passion.
As Director, Compensation, reporting to the Head of Total Rewards, you bring deep knowledge and a broad skillset to our people, product, discipline, regional, and senior leaders as well as provide leadership within the People function. You will plan, design, benchmark and implement new and revised compensation programs, policies, guidelines, and procedures that are equitable and competitive. You will ensure through audits, legal reports, and personal interactions and oversight that Riot’s compensation program is administered in compliance with policies and government regulations, and designed following Riot’s values and goals. This position will directly manage, provide guidance and develop a Senior Manager and compensation analysts.
- Partner with business leaders and the People team to design compelling, performance-driven broad-based and executive pay programs that are integrated with Riot’s strategy, talent practices, and rewards landscape - including base salary, incentive plans, equity, spot awards, and any new or variant plans built in the future
- Monitor the effectiveness of existing compensation programs and policies, providing analytics and recommending process and design enhancements that are cost-effective, align with Riot’s values and drive results that align with Riot’s goals
- Lead roll-out, communication and change management of any new compensation program and process changes
- Oversee Riot’s job architecture strategy, including providing input on the overall structure, leveling of new roles, updates to market data as our requirements evolve, etc.
- Operate at a strategic level with senior executives, create and deliver presentations to senior executives recommending comp proposals, programs and policies. Provide guidance to other members of the People team and act as strategic advisor on pay decisions and emerging trends
- Identify and build relationships with critical program stakeholders and have the ability to influence decision makers
- Partner with HRIS team to drive the design strategy of our internal operations system, including oversight of system preparation for compensation processes and oversight of compensation workflows
- Design and guide practices for job evaluations, market matching, pay decisions and governance with a mind for creative solutions and keen integration of market trends, fit for purpose practices and Riot’s goals and compensation philosophy
- Oversee the participation in and purchase of salary surveys to ensure compensation goals are achieved and oversee the preparation of comprehensive analyses from these sources
- Ensure the administrative aspects of compensation are efficient, effective and scalable as the company grows
- Partner closely with the people, finance, and legal functions, and external compensation consultants to ensure Riot’s compensation practices meet compliance requirements and the commitments of the People function
- Lead a team of compensation analysts and serve as a mentor, and essential collaborator within the People function
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in business, human resources or related field
- Ten+ years of progressively responsible experience in compensation
- Extensive knowledge in different types of compensation plans, including global compensation programs across base pay, short-term incentives, long-term incentives and equity programs
- Experience working through complex requirements with all levels of employees to achieve resolution
- Ability to work all levels of the organization to uncover problems and develop solutions
- Experience overseeing configuration, design, and implementation of compensation planning software
- Industry experience, up to date and energized by current and future compensation trends
- Knowledge of government regulations as they apply to compensation base and incentive compensation programs, company policies, and operations
- Experience designing compensation programs, guidelines and processes
- Compensation consulting experience preferred
- Workday-specific experience a plus
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).