Media / AV Support Engineer (Contract)
Job Id: 4934
In 2016, the Hong Kong Studio became Riot’s first international game development studio. Then in 2020, Riot established the Singapore Studio as its second international studio. Together, across both sites, Riot has been expanding our footprint in Asia to accelerate our talent growth to develop games that deliver great experiences to our players. Our mission is to “deliver high impact, ambitious game experiences that exceed player expectations.”
We partner with our LA headquarters on game development for League of Legends, Teamfight Tactics, Legends of Runeterra, and VALORANT. We’re also building a team for Project L, our take on a fighting game. The Hong Kong and Singapore Studio is seeking talented, passionate people with backgrounds across all areas of game development to build games that make it better to be a player.
We’re focused on working together to promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and inclusivity, so every Rioter can be their best while we boldly pursue games.
That’s where YOU come in.
As an AV / Media Specialist, you will conduct inventory, carry out maintenance, implement troubleshooting, and repair all critical AV/Media hardware. You will be the frontline for communicating with all Rioters, including leadership, to provide essential updates and ensure compliance with Riot Games’ standards and security policies. You will design, write, and edit technical user documentation, including specifications, integrations, and instructional documentation. Additionally, you will give roving support and training throughout Riot Games. You will also engage with other domain authorities to collect requirements and technical content, translating that info into consumable, functional work products. You will collaborate with Riot technology teams to identify gaps in our hardware and service levels. Finally, you will passionately seek opportunities to eliminate inefficiencies and non-value added tasks.
AV design and architecture
- Design conference room hardware and software
- Design digital signage hardware and software
- Coordinate conference room technology globally for new builds and updates
- Research new technologies and find ways to implement them at Riot
AV system development and maintenance
- Deploy and maintain AV systems
- Develop scripts and integrations between AV systems
Install, test, and maintain AV hardware and software
- Regularly test (proactively) conference room hardware and software
- Triage bug reports
- Troubleshoot and fix conference room hardware and software (computers, screens, microphones, speakers, etc.)
- Replace or install conference room hardware and software (computers, screens, microphones, speakers, etc.)
Operate AV equipment during events
- Mix in-room audio
- QA and setup mics for presenters
- Test and mix all audio for any video assets
- Setup, fine-tune all three DVX cameras and operator DVX camera #1
- Operates the video switch (GV Director, now TC2 Elite)
- Que’s and runs all video content on stream/record and in room
- Que’s and play all videos per video switchers call
- Monitor and fulfill Slack channels and ServiceNow requests
- Communicate with Rioters in a professional manner
- 5 years of work experience
- Google Suite, Windows, Mac OS, iOS, Android, Crestron, Tesira, Linux, Networking, Tricaster, etc.
- Ability to work autonomously, prioritize, and self-manage time
- Excellent proficiency in written and verbal communication
- Resiliency / Flexibility
- Experience building, maintaining, triaging, and fixing audiovisual equipment and software
- Knowledge and prior use of Ticket-tracking software