Senior Manager, Talent Management
Job Id: REQ-0005263
Riot's People team exists to help Rioters make better decisions around its talent. We bring our expertise to all areas of HR such as hiring, onboarding, learning and development, diversity and inclusion, performance management, benefits, perks, compensation, employee relations and off-boarding so that all Rioters can flourish.
As the Senior Manager, Talent Management, reporting to the Senior Director, Talent Development & Organization Effectiveness, you will create outcomes for Riot in the area of talent development by designing and driving strategy, programs, and processes for talent development and management at Riot. By collaborating with other People Team leaders and contributors, you will ensure Riot has fit-for-purpose solutions in goal setting, performance assessment and management, talent profiles, talent review, succession and development planning, among other opportunities for impact.
You will design talent solutions and processes for Riot globally and collaborate with other People Teams for application to Riot's global locations and businesses. Initial projects include continuing to improve Riot's performance management program, developing a talent management strategy and developing a phased approach and roadmap for enhancing Riot's talent processes. This is a collaborative and exciting opportunity to be involved in high-impact, high-visibility, strategic talent activities and improvements in an organization. Reporting to the Senior Director, Talent Development & Org Effectiveness, you will have one direct report and will lead the work with teams in talent development and management.
- Strategic leadership and delivery of global enterprise talent programs and solutions including goal setting, performance assessment and management, talent profiles, talent reviews, succession and development planning with other cyclical programs such as compensation and promotion cycles
- Develop strategies and roadmaps for Riot's talent programs that support Riot's goals with direction from, and in collaboration with the People Senior Leadership team and other partners
- Continuous improvement of program design during each cycle, including understanding metrics of success and feedback and developing updates
- Manage operations and change management for talent programs, partnering with your team and other People Team collaborators
- Ensure program communication and change management across Riot partners (HRBPs and other People Team collaborators, employees, managers) including reporting out results, maintaining the dashboards for partners in the processes
- Partner with the People Systems team to ensure Riot has talent tools and systems that allows for a holistic and integrated experience, and partnering with the People Systems team to ensure talent tools and systems are ready for talent processes
- Work with regional partners and ensure delivery across regions
- Ensure Riot has the necessary training and communication resources across main Riot channels, keeping them updated and refreshed, including facilitation and training materials for partners (HRBPs, leaders, managers, and employees)
- Partner with People Team leaders, business and discipline leaders to define and establish medium and long-term talent strategies that may include: evaluating current org design, identifying critical roles, determining talent gaps, contributing to internal mobility efforts, and developing long-term plans to bridge talent gaps
- Evaluate existing processes and improve the user experience for main audiences, while ensuring fair and transparent systems across talent programs and supporting Riot's goals to strengthen our pipeline of diverse talent and leaders
- Guide analytics related to talent programs and outcomes and develop assets and storytelling to distill insights to several partners, promoting awareness of important or differentiating findings that help develop individuals, teams, organizational capabilities and Riot People programs
- Maintain awareness of industry trends and benchmark data to improve the quality and effectiveness of solutions and processes
- Bachelor's Degree or related equivalent experience
- 8+ years working in HR in a globally matrixed organization with multiple business units
- 2+ years experience as a people manager
- Experience leading and designing core Talent Management solutions and programs, including performance management, promotions, succession planning, and talent development
- Be a talent management subject matter expertise
- HR project management and process execution experience
- Strong stakeholder management and collaboration skills and mindset
- Effective team collaborator with partners, employees and peers to ensure an enhanced customer/employee experience
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Masters degree or equivalent experience, with preference for studies in behavioral, organizational or psychology sciences
- In-house corporate experience
- Workday-specific experience
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.