Senior Manager, Benefits
Job Id: REQ-0005331
Riot's People team exists to help Rioters make better decisions around its talent. We bring our expertise to all of those typical HR activities such as hiring, onboarding, development, diversity and inclusion, performance management, benefits, perks, compensation, big events, labor relations, off-boarding so that all Rioters can flourish.
As the Senior Manager, Benefits, reporting to the Head of Total Rewards, you will oversee all things related to benefits at Riot. You are collaborative and a deep subject matter expert, leading a team of benefits professionals to promote Riot talent strategies and support Riot leadership and partners on benefits strategy and compliance matters. You will develop new programs, review and refresh existing offerings while ensuring alignment within the industry, and aligning with needs and Rioter experience. You will partner with teams across Riot, including Legal, People Ops, and Technology to help Riot deliver the right results at the right time in all of Riot's business pillars.
- Oversee all areas of benefits, including medical, dental, vision plans; retirement plan; life insurance plans; and temporary disability and leave programs
- Develop, evaluate and improve the operational approach for benefits at Riot, evaluating our existing programs and approach, implementing changes when needed to build efficiencies, measuring overall success and effectiveness and improving outcomes
- Lead and grow the Benefits team to support Riot's benefits strategy and programs according to our Total Rewards philosophy
- Partner with consultants and external sources to identify best practices, relevant benchmarks and trends and develop recommendations for improvement to ensure benefits programs are competitive in the industry and cost-effective
- Manage design, implementation and administration of plans and programs, considering employee experience and goals
- Identify main metrics and establish routine practices to review and assess the effectiveness of current programs
- Develop strategy to provide education, support and communication tools to HRBPs, leadership and all Rioters related to benefits programs to ensure everyone is well informed of available programs and resources
- Develop and recommend an annual budget for benefits programs ensuring alignment to strategic goals while mindful of costs to the business
- Coordinate compliance activities
- Develop relationships with internal and external partners, including Riot's Legal, Talent Ops and Workday partners
- Ensure integration of other areas of expertise in the delivery of programs and policies
- Review and negotiate service agreements; initiate and run RFPs and monitor vendor partners to ensure Riot's vendors are philosophically, strategically and financially aligned, using player money wisely
- Bachelor's Degree in related field (business, HR, legal studies) or equivalent
- 8-10+ years of benefits management experience
- 5+ years of vendor management experience, including experience with RFPs
- Well versed in regulatory benefits compliance
- 3+ years people management experience
- Excellent consulting, teamwork and leadership skills
- Workday benefit administration experience
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.