Senior Researcher - Business Health
Job Id: REQ-0001505
On Riot’s Business Health team, instead of embedding into a product, you will sit on the central Strategic Advisory department, serving teams all across the company by creating foundational market research and business intelligence tools and reports. As the data arm of the Business Strategy group (reporting to the CFO), you will directly support Riot's most important strategic and leadership planning processes, including company-wide goal setting and quarterly performance reporting. You'll also answer important questions for Riot leadership and others through analysis into datasets across the company, using multimodal approaches that meld research, financial data, and game analytics into holistic strategic recommendations.
As a Senior Researcher reporting to the Director, Strategic Advisory, you’ll help Riot understand how driving brand equity and player sentiment toward our products and IP can accelerate Riot’s growth. An expert in quantitative research and rigorously connecting research outputs to real-world, observable outcomes, you’ll work across Riot teams, including publishing, Entertainment, R&D, and Games, developing and providing subject matter expertise in applying insights around brand, fandom, and player sentiment. At times you will also engage directly as a consultant on major growth and brand marketing campaigns, though your day to day will be focused on building new tools and driving deep dive analyses on the central Business Health team.
- Develop core fandom, brand, and sentiment performance metrics for Riot, building Riot's understanding of drivers through experimentation (in partnership w/ WWP and product teams) and custom research
- Develop a custom research program to understand the impact of multi-product engagement (e.g. TV and games, or TV and esports) with Riot on IP affinity, brand affinity, and engagement
- Run a global, comprehensive pre and post study to understand how different segments in the Riot portfolio are affected by major Riot media events
- Partner with strategic finance to assess the long-term financial value of growth in core brand equities and IP fandom metrics
- Develop learning materials on how to apply brand, IP, and sentiment research to common strategic problem spaces
- Mentor widely both within Biz Health and across the SA department on quantitative research approaches
- 5-8 years experience in market research, or related field
- BA or BS
- 2+ years of experience working directly with senior executives (includes clients), or presenting to wide public audiences
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).