Staff Software Engineer - Tools & Pipeline - Legends of Runeterra
Job Id: REQ-0002359
Established in 2020, the Singapore Studio is Riot’s second international game development studio. Working together with our Hong Kong Studio, Riot has been expanding our footprint in Asia and accelerating our talent growth to develop games that deliver great experiences to our players. Our mission is to “scale Riot’s games to hyper-serve players.”
We partner with our LA headquarters on game development for League of Legends, Teamfight Tactics, and Legends of Runeterra. We’re also building teams for VALORANT and Project L, our take on a fighting game. The Singapore Studio is seeking talented, passionate Rioters with backgrounds in all areas of game development to build games that make it better to be a player.
We’re focused on working together to promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and inclusivity, so every Rioter can be their best while we boldly pursue games.
That's where you come in
Legends of Runeterra (LoR) is Riot’s take on the CCG genre. As a Staff Software Engineer on the LoR team in the Hong Kong / Singapore studio, your focus will be on tooling and workflows, ensuring best engineering practices are followed for the monthly features we ship, helping Riot sustainably craft excellent experiences for our players, globally.
You will report to our Engineering Manager.
- As the team’s specialist on tools and automations, collaborate with the Quality Owner to define a sustainable plan for continuous feature & content development
- Collaborate with other engineers to define software engineering best practices and enforce them with refactoring, tools, and processes
- Optimize source code and development workflow flows
- Bachelor degrees in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- In-depth experience working with Game Engine(s) (e.g., Unity, Unreal, Inhouse/proprietary game engines)
- 8+ years experience in software development and solid exposure to architecture
- OO Development experience in one language (C#, Java, C++, Python, Ruby)
- Experience mentoring team members to level up their technical capabilities
- Experience working in a large scale project with distributed development teams
- Understanding of microservices architecture
- Familiarity with SQL and Database systems
- Experience with Cloud Technology
- Familiarity working in an agile environment
- Experience working in AAA games as a systems architect
- Experience with Unity Engine
- Experience operating and prioritizing work around live software and games as a service
- A love for competitive card games, digital or print
For this role, you’ll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experience of players, this could be the role for you!
- Full relocation support
- Full health insurance for you, your spouse and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play Fund so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits