Director, Business Strategy, Esports Digital
Job Id: REQ-0002370
As the Director of strategy for Riot Esports Digital Products, reporting to the Head of Esports Strategic Advisory, you will partner with product leadership to identify opportunities and develop strategies that help our esports content achieve its maximum potential. You will lead the development of cross esport insights, ensuring that esports product leads have the information needed to make better design product decisions, improve retention, develop goals/Indicators and much more. You will play a critical role within the Riot Esports team and position the business to efficiently scale by translating data and research into insights that inform product and content strategy.
- Inform product and content strategy:
- Support the development of long-term strategies working across functions to improve the health of Riot’s esports products.
- Work with the esports product leads to identify and incubate new opportunities that increase long term product engagement and improve business performance
- Work with product leads to identify and take action against growth and expansion opportunities across all esports and markets.
- Lead and socialize product performance analysis:
- Have an expert level understanding of all acquisition, engagement and monetization hooks' that help track performance and 'levers' to exercise during live service to improve product performance.
- Be comfortable with rapid experimentation gleaning insight from both positive and negative results and translating that data into actionable plans.
- Establish key information flows and ensure that the necessary telemetry is in place for esports products to capture data and communicate with internal systems.
- Develop and socialize product performance reports
- Capture and champion the voice of the fan:
- Guide the product and marketing teams by increasing awareness of what's resonating well with esports fans across multiple genres and content platforms. Conduct research studies working with internal research staff and agency partners and perform competitive analysis for the Riot Esports team.
- 10+ years of experience in analytics, consulting, or strategy function
- 7+ years directing or leading analytics efforts in a gaming, entertainment, or digital direct to consumer setting
- 4+ years of experience managing and growing teams
- Experience in experiment design and research practices including survey research, ethnographic studies, and focus groups for early stage products
- Experience in digital analytics include telemetry design, implementation, and digital tracking tools
- Strong knowledge of monetization practices and revenue strategy for digital goods/services
- Comfort and experience presenting to senior leadership on performance, strategic plans, and research findings
- Proven track record of being able to partnering with leaders to support decision making and goal setting
- Experience in defining and executing end to end strategic analyses internally and via external partners
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple complex projects
- 7+ years experience in mid-senior people management
- Experience writing and consulting on specs, overcoming design challenges and taking the lead for resolving design and product strategy challenges
- Deep understanding of player motivations, personas and segmentations across multiple genres/franchises/platforms.
- Understanding of the pros & cons of the business models used in games (by platform).
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).