Principal Software Engineer, Production Engineering - Legends of Runeterra
Job Id: REQ-0002533
Riot Software Engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the chance to work on multiple broader domains. As a Principal Software Engineer, you’ll work with both our technology, creating creative solutions to overcome high-volume obstacles and to provide player value.
As a Principal Software Engineer on Legends of Runeterra's Shared Tools, Automation, and Build team, you'll build creative and fresh solutions to empower artists, engineers, and designers. In this role, you will report to our Engineering Manager.
- Involved in a broad range of technology challenges, such as mobile development, build and test automation, and workflow tooling, each of which is an essential component in delivering positive player value.
- Explore solutions that make players excited to experience our game.
- Work elbow-to-elbow with members of other disciplines (like Art, Game Design, SRE) to build a complete experience.
- Remove inefficiencies and create well-oiled machines whenever you can.
- Work between optimization, break/fix, and development and understand the need for rapid re-prioritization.
- Seek input, feedback and ask a lot of questions whenever you can.
- 8+ collective years professional experience across the following areas (or equivalent)
- Unity Development
- Game Development
- Content Tools and Pipelines
- Cross Platform Development (Android, iOS, Windows)
- Ability to collaborate with leadership to break down problems and lead delivery of solutions to complex multi-month technical challenges. This includes collaboration with other disciplines or teams of engineers.
- Experience working with internal or external customers to identify, document, analyze, implement, and test software requirements.
- Experience providing technical leadership to a team of engineers. This includes building, adopting, and implementing technical processes within a team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience with scripting languages (python, bash, ruby, Node.js, etc.)
- 5+ years experience with compiled object oriented languages (C++, Java, C#, etc.)
- Expertise implementing automated unit and integration tests for your software
- Proficiency with Agile/Scrum and understanding of its value to work processes
- Strong understanding of Git or similar source control systems
- Experience with AWS or other cloud infrastructure
- Experience working with non-engineering disciplines (Art, Design, Audio, UI/UX, etc.)
- Familiarity with the Unity, specifically the build process and asset pipelines
- Experience designing and implementing build pipelines (Jenkins, CircleCI, TravisCI, etc)
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).