VFX Artist II - Unpublished R&D Product
Job Id: REQ-0002894
As part of the VFX team, you’ll design and help implement the dynamic and dramatic special effects that add atmosphere and depth to gameplay. With your experience, you’ll create aesthetically astounding visual effects that communicate essential game information. You’ll use your artistic and technical skills to breathe life into many different needs and thematics in the VFX space.
As a VFX Artist II, you will be responsible for all aspects of VFX prototype development, including highly iterative VFX for gameplay exploration. You’ll work closely with the many disciplines and VFX resources to help refine the games overall feel. As the project progresses you will also work on VFX polish and optimized execution. In this role you will report to the Manager of Art Direction.
- Prototype VFX solutions that convey ideas simply and clearly across multiple teams needs
- Balance gameplay needs and thematic direction while maintaining craft quality benchmarks for VFX
- Effectively time manage and prioritize craft work with the assistance of the VFX Lead
- Seek growth opportunities from team members in and out of the product space that will work towards growth goals
- Incorporate resonant elements from an existing Champions, if and when working in the League of Legends IP
- Provide modular solutions that allow non-VFX artists to quickly prototype ideas with placeholder VFX
- 3+ years of professional experience working in VFX within the video games industry
- Professional skills and experience working in 3D/2D Software
- Professional experience creating stylized real-time VFX
- Professional experience shipping game content as a VFX Artist
- Proficiency in VFX fundamentals like timing, shape language, and color theory
- Experience in Unreal
- Experience creating stylized flip book textures
- Experience with the technical requirements for a variety of game platforms
- Familiarity with the League of Legends IP, skins and Universe
As a part of the application process, candidates will be expected to provide a portfolio or demo reel of their work.
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.