Senior Software Engineer, Progression - VALORANT
Job Id: REQ-0003110
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Software Engineer, you’ll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team objectives. You’ll lead without authority and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
VALORANT is Riot’s take on a character-based tactical shooter (for more info on VALORANT click here!). As a Software Engineer on the VALORANT team you will be responsible for building metagame client features and scalable backend services for the player’s career. You'll influence the technical direction for how VALORANT services are built, scale and are operated in production, and collaborate with design to build smooth and intuitive player-facing in-game experiences. You will report to the Engineering Manager of the Progression area.
- Design, build and deliver in-game client features enabling players to have a world-class experience playing with others in VALORANT
- Design, build, deliver and support large scale backend services to support millions of players
- Collaborate closely with producers, game designers, data science and UX experts
- Maintain stability of live services for the game (this role involves an on-call commitment)
- 4+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Professional experience working with cloud computing and cloud technologies
- Professional experience building large scale backend systems (e.g. game services, data)
- Professional experience building player- or user-facing frontend experiences (e.g. web, mobile, game)
- Professional experience building game features for a AAA game
- Professional experience working with the Go programming language
- Professional or other experience working with C++
- Professional or other experience working with Unreal Engine
- Experience supporting a live service in production as an on-call engineer
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).