Job Id: REQ-0003268
Accountants, analysts, and advisors comprise the core of the Finance discipline at Riot, and our work ensures Riot's offices and partners around the world are optimized for strength and speed -- financial and otherwise. We aim to improve and break the mold of finance organizations without forgoing our fiduciary responsibilities. If we're not crunching numbers, you'll find us playing some of the latest games, pursuing our passions or upgrading our knowledge in accounting and finance.
As a Senior Accountant, your precise work maintaining accurate financial records will ensure that we keep the lights on, the servers humming and the games launching. Your accounting experience and in-depth understanding of accounting principals ensure the general ledger is keeping Riot on firm footing. You will mentor junior accountants on their career quests and help them level up their skills. Your passion for accurate financial reporting will help ensure Riot focuses on our players throughout the globe.
- Understand accounts, identify unusual transactions, research the proper accounting treatment and propose a resolution
- Conduct periodic account reconciliations
- Prepare journal entries, enter transactions using Oracle
- Investigate fluctuations and monitor trends in the accounts. Work with other teams to gain an understanding of the story behind the movements
- Prepare accurate financial reports for our established month-end reporting schedule
- Improve existing processes by finding ways to add efficiency or quality
- Work with your teammates in both local and international offices and with Finance, Tax, and Treasury
- Work with third party accounting service providers and manage relationships with local finance personnel in foreign offices
- Participate in training opportunities for yourself and the broader team
- Mentor staff accountants by helping them explore their passions and move their careers forward
- BA in Accounting
- Minimum of four years experience in public or corporate accounting
- Experience handling a variety of accounts
- Knowledge of GAAP standards
- Knowledge of ERP systems (Oracle)
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.