Senior Software Engineer (Tools) - League of Legends, Personalization
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team objectives. You’ll lead without authority and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the League of Legends Personalization team, you will report into the Engineering Manager. You will build the tools to improve content creation workflows, standardize content metadata across systems, help create unique, feature rich skins and other content, and finally, integrate the content into gameplay. You will develop tools and workflows that enhance the content that we provide to our players - content is core to the League experience. The PIE Content Technical Operations team builds and evolves the content creation pipeline and tools allowing content creators, including Character Artists, Animators, VFX Artists, Riggers, Illustrators, and Audio to create content in a fast and efficient manner.
- Build features and improve the tools that raise the quality of League content. You will also enhance build and deployment tooling
- Lead architecture requirements, design, and implementation, and perform code reviews.
- Support artists in their art workflows, collecting data to further improve the tools they are using, making recommendations and improvements where necessary, and build and support specific art outsourcing tools and needs.
- Collaborate with production and art discipline leads to develop long-term vision and strategies that improve the content creation workflows.
- Prototype and test new content features, and improve product visibility through monitoring and alerting
- Provide mentorship to technical artists and engineers
- 8+ years of experience as a gameplay or game tools engineer.
- Expertise in C++ and Python. Lua scripting experience is a bonus.
- Experience with technical design, programming, and CS fundamentals.
- Experience identifying inefficiencies in processes, tools, workflows and creating solutions to eliminate these inefficiencies.
- Experience with profiling and addressing performance and scale problems.
- Understand artist tools such as Maya, PhotoShop, 3D Studio Max, Wwise etc.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).