UI/UX Designer (Contractor)
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As a UI/UX Designer (Contractor), you’ll strategize and design human-centered products/service experiences. The ideal candidate will have experience working in a digital agency environment with agile teams including developers, researchers, and other UI/UX designers. This is a contract role with a limited term.
As a Dubai Rioter*, you’ll join a small team that shares our obsession with player experience, rejection of convention, and maniacal passion for gaming. Riot Games Dubai is dedicated to creating unique player experiences that show Middle East players they aren’t lost in translation.
- An idea machine: you create user interface designs, including mockups, prototypes, and specifications for a range of products and platforms using the latest tools
- Skilled: you’ve spent years honing your technical ability to create interfaces, digital experiences, and applications and you’ve got the track record to prove it; you’ve collaborated with interdisciplinary teams in creating great products that drive client interaction and visual communication
- Player-focused: everything you do is guided by one simple principle – player experience first; you analyze and research ways to give players the best possible experience because, bottom line, that’s what really matters
- Work closely with the business team on a high level in order to design concepts and storyboards, which will ultimately lead to user flows, IAs, mockups, and prototypes
- Work within tight timelines in an agile environment and rapidly iterate and test concepts and prototypes
- Create design systems for UI design
- Create user-centered designs by considering market analysis, customer feedback, technical constraints/opportunities and usability findings
- Design the UI architecture, interface, and interaction flows for on-device software applications for a variety of screen sizes and interaction models
- Present design work to the user experience team, product team, and executives for review and feedback
- Work with Sketch, Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator to provide awesome deliverables, as well as create prototypes through software such as Adobe After Effects, Principle, Invision, or Marvel.
- You have worked before on English/Arabic website and have no problem with RTL design mentality.
- Take Play Seriously: You work hard but always leave time for pentakills, pickup basketball, and impromptu (often coffee-induced) dance-offs; whether you’re grabbing a game of League or rapid sharing cat GIFs, you make time for daily play in all of its wonderful forms
- Intellectually hungry: you’re constantly feeding new information to the ravenous beast that is your brain and converting that info into actionable insight; your voracious appetite for learning is unencumbered by complex concepts, and you embrace and incorporate them with all synapses firing
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.