Senior Manager, North America - Business Insights & Analytics
In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends and has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the dramatic growth of esports. Publishing’s role is to introduce our products to players and form authentic relationships with them through compelling storytelling.
The Insights discipline empowers Rioters' decision-making to be more data-informed. We're an interdisciplinary group of scientists, consultants, and strategists from all sorts of backgrounds who join together to represent and advocate for gamers around the world. We believe that illuminating the globally diverse experiences, behaviors, and needs of gamers is essential to Riot living up to our player-focused mission. We're a group united by our love of games, science, and helping others succeed.
As Senior Manager on the Business Analytics team, you’ll join a dedicated team committed to becoming the most player-focused game company in the world. You share our focus on player experience, rejection of convention, and intense passion for gaming. Specifically, you will lead the Insights discipline for NA Regional and ensure leaders are equipped with decision-making support. You’ll identify areas where Insights can help improve outcomes and be more player-informed.
The role will be the Insights and revenue strategy craft lead for the NA Region. The role would focus on the team agenda while taking into account the central product road map, North America's goals, publishing plans, and develop the team’s analytics ability. The role would also grow the team to support the future vision of NA and may include the tracking/measuring of content measurements, creating a holistic analysis and attribution platform and creating relevant dashboards for the country manager wider leadership team.
Passionate about how players are affected in North America? You'll share a campus with the Central office that serves the whole world, but as a Rioter for the North American region, you'll have a focus on improving the experience for players in Canada and the United States. You will report into the Country Manager of the North America region.
- Architect NA’s business intelligence strategy, including making concrete decisions on data infrastructure, deployed resources, data attribution models and their use in our go-to-market plans and programs
- As the craft lead, you will be the primary point of ownership for the Business Analytics team development, project goals, and performance management
- You will help teams across the North America Region set goals for both individual projects and NA Regional as a whole, encompassing all departments and including the Publishing, Live Services, and Esports teams
- Minimum 8 years of professional work experience analyzing large data-sets, visualizing information, and informing company strategy
- BA in Economics, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Management Information Systems or a related discipline
- Advanced knowledge of Tableau, SQL, Matlab or other tools that help inform data-driven decisions.
- Relationship management with third-party marketing agencies
- Experience managing others
- Graduate degree preferred or meaningful work experience in consulting, consumer insights or product strategy
- Knowledge around marketing strategies and analytics is preferred
- Experience in digital media: e.g., setting up medium-complexity tests, defining and measuring essential metrics, and tracking campaign performance using first and third-party systems
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).