Technical Product Manager - Live Services
Technical Product Managers combine deep technical knowledge and experience with product leadership capabilities to enable Riot Games to deliver key products and supporting systems to players. You will develop and execute product strategies on Riot's products and technologies while leading diverse teams to deliver creative solutions to our most difficult technical challenges.
As Technical Product Manager on the Riot Commerce team you will help pave the road for new generation of eCommerce products across the globe. Your vision and leadership will help Riot Games to launch products like Legends of Runeterra and Project-A on new game platforms (Mobile and Console), and unlock game development for new types of games from Riot (2nd party developers and Partner region developers). You will report to the Director of Payments.
Riot Commerce is focused on building and enhancing services that power the virtual economy of League of Legends and beyond. As the Technical Product Manager of this group you will lead the product planning to support new game scenarios and new Riot business models. Your collaboration with internal partners will ensure that our teams are positioned for success to bring their games and features to players faster.
- Develop product vision of content access systems based on game and player needs
- Manage all essential customer and partner relationships including game teams and other internal Riot teams developing vertically integrated customer-facing capabilities (Payments, Player Support, etc.)
- Manage the product team backlog, product road map, oversee improvement process, and scrum ceremonies for the team
- Manage important requirements, customer and partner communications, and ensure the product team is aligned with Riot's goals
- Review and develop Service Level Agreements and Goals with all core customers
- Partner and collaborate with the Commerce Delivery Lead and Product Owner to align on the product and technical vision for the team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience, preferable on services / API technical product teams
- Understand API-based products, primary components and of customer experience (developer experience)
- Excellent team leadership, ability to refine technical product vision
- Understand operational and development challenges and conflict resolution techniques
- Hands-on experience leading agile (scrum) teams
- Background in services, operations, or infrastructure preferably in the space of payments, purchase / transactions handling systems, eCommerce related systems and data services
- Understand product management and how to navigate around constraints while finding balanced solutions
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).