The localization team aspires to deliver a custom, made-for-me experience to players all over the world. From audio to video, Aatrox to Zed, Barcelona to Tokyo; regional, cultural, and even language differences have to be accounted for so a joke that lands in ten countries and is incredibly insensitive in two won’t accidentally be shipped. Our team is globally-minded, working across diverse media types both in and out of game as we help development teams deliver content to players everywhere. We strive to ensure that every piece of content from Riot isn’t just accessible, but resonates on an international scale.
As a Localization Manager you believe that authentic and immersive localization enriches a global audience's gaming experience. You are accountable for all Localization outcomes for a specific Product ecosystem. You identify gaps and needs within Operations and work with the other Localization teams to increase efficiency and improve processes. You oversee the daily operational needs of our external resources and provide status updates and information as needed across all customer groups.
Reporting to the Global Head of Loc Operations, you will take care of communications with external resources and other Riot offices, to remove blockers, answer localization-related questions, and to ensure the smooth functioning of the localization pipeline for multiple languages across all products.
Working with the Operations Leads, you will focus on improving localization operations, developing best practices, guides, and runbooks. In short, you will lead EU efforts in creating a scalable and sustainable content pipeline for the local and global needs of Riot Games Localization.
- Build the Localization strategy for EU and work with global leadership to support the efforts of the discipline worldwide
- Set team expectations, monitor performance and set clear goals
- Support and help team members to produce their best work and realize their fullest potential through development and coaching
- You will have at least 3 years experience in a leadership role, managing teams of ICs
- English professional proficiency. Additional languages are a plus
- Proficiency with managing a translation memory software for translators and project managers
- Have in-depth knowledge of Localization QA processes and best practices
- 3+ years of experience with Project management software (Jira, Favro, etc.)
- 3+ years of experience with content management tools, proprietary or out of the box (CMS, Xloc, etc.)
- Comfortable communicating across cultural, distance, and language barriers
- Experienced in managing relationships from a distance, and dealing with vendors at scale
- Can document existing and create new processes to promote efficiency and scalability in localization process
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies and experience, but for this role, we also look for dedicated people with a personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
- Medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play funds so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better
We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we’re excited to hear from you. Don’t be discouraged if you feel you don’t fully meet every single one of the requirements for a particular role, there’s always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you!