Art Outsource Manager - Wild Rift
As a Riot Art Outsource Manager, you will help connect product teams to the right external partners while improving art outsource infrastructure and practices. You will build meaningful and trusting external relationships through clear two-way communication and planning. Your approach will ensure sustainable production without compromising quality. A perfect blend between a veteran production artist and logistics expert, you will provide art direction and strive to make the outsourcing experience truly world-class and engaging for all parties involved.
As an Art Outsource Manager on League of Legends: Wild Rift, you will report to the Art Manager. You will collaborate with Illustrators, Concept Artists, Character Artists, Environment Artists, Animators, and VFX artists to build a pipeline of creative content optimized for mobile and console development. You will also provide art direction to outsource artists and external partners.
- We have multiple domestic and international vendors and want to foster relationships between Riot and the external teams we work with. You'll communicate Riot's vision and feedback to those vendors and serve as the voice for your company partners which will require you to travel internationally to vendor sites.
- You’ll handle the workflow of all outsourced tasks including organizing and leading all daily rituals, gathering all submissions by vendors, providing feedback on submissions, and as needed presenting submissions to the team for feedback then organize and clean feedback for return to vendors.
- We'd like you to guarantee our art assets are clean, organized, and defined correctly for easy access. Making sure the vendors have access to the correct tools to provide assets to the internal team that are compatible to implement into the game.
- You’ll manage contracts for all vendors and reviewing and approving time cards/invoices.
- If we need to engage new vendors, you will make initial contact with those new vendors and set up art trials.
- Providing art direction and working with producers to provide assets on time within budget. Maintain Wild Rift’s quality standards across all assets and deliverables.
- 5 years’ experience working as an Art Outsource manager providing art direction and handling several Art vendors concurrently, or experience working with multiple external partners
- Experience delivering quality content from a variety of creative disciplines
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to talk to technical staff, artists and business leaders.
- Experience with asset management and maintaining those pipelines.
- Ability to travel internationally as needed
- Experience collaborating with vendors and maintaining relationships with multiple vendors and team members.
- Experience overseeing strategy with budgets within constraints.
- Experience in the games industry.
- Mobile game experience.
- Experience working with 2D assets, 3D models, Rigging, and Animation in a professional setting.
- Fluency in mandarin
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).