Researcher - League of Legends, Player Immersion & Expression
The Insights discipline helps empower Rioters' decision-making to be more data-informed. We're an interdisciplinary group of scientists, consultants, and strategists from all sorts of backgrounds, that focus on bringing an astute understanding of players to Riot. We join together to represent and advocate for players from around the world. We believe that illuminating the globally diverse experiences, behaviors, and needs of players is essential to Riot living up to our player-focused mission. We're a group united by our love of games, science, and helping others succeed.
As a Researcher at Riot Games, you will study and represent players around the globe. You’ll join the Insights discipline to work with a multitude of Rioters from across the company. Your scientific skill-set coupled with your audience insight will ensure that we are crafting our products in a player-focused way.
On the Player Immersion & Expression team on League of Legends, you'll report to the Strategic Advisory Lead. You’ll collaborate with Analysts and Revenue Strategists to support the group of teams who design and produce all of the purchasable content available in League of Legends and their associated distribution systems. Applying insights from your primary market and user research, you'll represent the voice of the player throughout the development process, helping these teams create products that delight players around the world
- Partner with product management, data science, design, revenue strategy, analytics and marketing to identify important research questions
- Design and conduct primary research, applying quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Communicate insights and strategic recommendations to product teams, fueling their ideation and iteration
- BA or BS in Psychology, Human-Computer Interaction, or a related social science discipline
- 4+ years of professional or academic experience in user experience research, behavioral or cognitive research, or market research
- Experience with basic statistical methods for data analysis (regressions, correlations, factor analyses)
- 1+ years of applied product research
- Advanced degree in the social sciences or a related discipline
- Professional experience in entertainment content or video games
- Experience with experimental design or A/B testing
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).