Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As Esports Manager, you'll lead the League of Legends tournament program for Latin America and provide players with competitive experiences that’ll set the bar above awesome. Your strategic vision, entrepreneurialism, leadership, and passion for Esports will help you redefine what a community tournament can be, establishing new standards of greatness for Esports in the Latam Region. You'll work together with sponsors, players and teams, comb through community and audience metrics, track trends, and iterate on our best practices to bring out the highest-caliber competition that connects with players across the region.
- A networker: you actively cultivate contacts that add value to Esports; your sharp written and verbal communication skills allow you to effectively negotiate with vendors, partners, and sponsors
- A sports nut: you wear face paint on game day to support your team and seek out every stat, factoid, and story about your favorite sport - whether it's virtual or IRL
- Certifiably educated and experienced: you rocked your BA/BS, then racked up a solid chunk of experience in entertainment, sports or media marketing, or large-scale event production and promotion (+8 years); a relevant masters degree will earn you bonus points. Specific knowledge in project management, data analysis, marketing and digital channels are necessary.
- A Leader: you have a track record of thoughtful leadership and high-level decision-making based on clear strategic goals with concrete priorities; you can build a team from scratch, with the right sense of urgency, but without compromising on quality; despite all your experience and skills, you humbly stop to listen to others’ ideas, regardless of age or seniority
- Bilingual: you’re fluent in English and Spanish, including all the jargon and lingo that gets shouted in-game
- Results-oriented: when a task needs to be handled, you're down to get your hands dirty; you don't wait around for others to give you marching orders before taking action
- Manage all levels of pro and semi-pro Esports, including: overall strategy and design, large-scale events (on and offline) production and promotion, broadcasting setup and operation, sponsors deal-making and relationship, teams interface, marketing cost management, and content coordination through various media
- Conceive and execute on strategies that compel players to make pilgrimages to Riot Esports events that'll leave them with positive, powerful experiences and memories
- Ensure consistent brand messaging and clear communications across all media, including advertising materials and promotional copy
- Find, win over, and manage relationships with premium brands who have the vision to sponsor Esports content and build lasting bonds with new vendors while fortifying the valuable relationships we already have
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.