Senior Software Engineer - Player Platform, Mobile Experience
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team objectives. You’ll lead without authority and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Mobile Experience team, you'll help Riot bring an amazing mobile companion experience to our players. This team creates player experiences that break the barriers that exist between our in-game and out-of-game experiences for Riot players. You will create an amazing application experience for mobile platforms. You will keep the player experience in mind as you lead software architecture and application development. You will ensure players can stay connected with Riot Games.
This position reports to the Engineering Manager for the Mobile Player Experience team in Player Platform.
- Lead architecture and solutions support integrations with mobile platforms.
- Partner with project leads and quality leads in defining and grooming high-level user stories.
- Serve as an individual contributor on the team where appropriate building out applications, tackling challenging and ambiguous technical solutions, conducting design and coding reviews.
- Lead and define technical outcomes, tools and solutions that create cohesive and natural developer experiences for Riot’s game developers.
- Establish connections with engineers on the team, providing guidance, mentorship, and support.
- Lead and establish technical guidelines for software developers either building out mobile capabilities or integrating with mobile platforms and tools.
- Lead architecture and solutions supporting mobile platforms and technologies such as Android, iOS, React Native, Kotlin and internal C/C++ SDK’s.
- Look to improve methods by which the software is built, configured, tested and released.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent years of job experience across software.
- 7+ years of experience in a software engineering role (ie. software, systems, architecture)
- Experience shipping mobile applications to one or more of the following platforms: Android or iOS.
- Experience and understanding working with one or more of the following platforms: iOS, Android.
- Experience and understanding working with React and React Native.
- Strong demonstrable experience in implementing solutions for technical consumers.
- Experience defining and delivering technical solutions to technical customers/users..
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).