PR & Government Relations Manager - Riot Games, SEA
As PR and Government Relations Manager on the Publishing team in Singapore, you will operate as a pivotal member of the Southeast Asia marketing and communications team. You'll lead public relations and government relations efforts across our portfolio of games and products while working with outside agencies and media. You'll develop relationships with important media outlets, both endemic and non-endemic, and create successful PR strategies. In parallel, you will identify and build relationships between Riot and local governments while monitoring opportunities and legislation that may have an impact on our business.
As a Singapore-based Rioter, you’ll join an internationally and culturally diverse team of professionals that share our obsession with player experience. The Singapore team is responsible for not only Singapore but the greater Southeast Asia region: Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines, Singapore, Indonesia, Vietnam, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau.
- Lead relationships with agencies, editorial publications, bloggers, and other media outlets
- Lead and organize events including media tours and media events in Southeast Asia
- Develop and approve press-related materials such as media alerts, press kits, interviews, and other essential routes of communication
- Identify and report on applicable media trends, tactics, and technologies while developing strategic recommendations that inform our communications programs
- Represent Riot’s interests with local governments across our portfolio (games, esports)
- Build relationships with key government departments and officials
- Research and track the activities of local legislative and regulatory bodies
- 5+ years of communications experience, with the majority of that time spent in gaming, sports, or entertainment
- A Bachelor's degree in Communications, Business Management, Marketing, or a related field
- Ability to clearly and succinctly express yourself in written and verbal mediums
- Experience successfully creating, planning, and executing strategic and creative PR programs with a focus on sharing great stories; you know that PR is all about relationships, and have built and fostered relationships with key gaming publications
- Experience implementing successful communications campaigns with passionate audiences
- Experience working across several markets within greater Southeast Asia
- Great at networking and relationship building
- Experience working at a major PR agency
- Experience collaborating with clients, agencies, and vendors
- Experience in working across multiple markets within Southeast Asia
- Fluency in English is a must, but bonus points for language capabilities in any SEA languages: ex. Thai, Vietnamese, Chinese, Bahasa, etc
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, and a collaborative spirit that prioritizes your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children plus Life Insurance, Parental Leave and short-term/long-term disability. Riot will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, Health Fund and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games. For this position, you will also be able to enjoy a monthly food and phone allowance.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.