Software Engineer - Infrastructure
Riot Engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas & also value the chance to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Software Engineer, you’ll work with both our technology, creating creative solutions to overcome high-volume obstacles and to provide player value.
As a Software Engineer on the Cloud Infrastructure Engineering team, you'll work with various technologies that challenge not only Riot, but the industry as a whole.
Our team's goal is to build and maintain essential infrastructure and services for League of Legends developers, and players. Your role would include creating solutions that allow developers to use our infrastructure easily. You will guide efforts that involve constructing a global ecosystem to design, build, and ship products safely, quickly, and in an sustainable way. You'll also help develop the infrastructure, services, and tools that'll empower all of Riot Engineering to "level up".
You will report to the Engineering Manager of the Cloud Infrastructure Engineering team.
- 3+ years of professional experience
- Consistent track record of shipping and live supporting a product
- Advanced knowledge of at least one of the following languages: Java, Python, Go
- Familiarity with “Infrastructure as Code” and tooling like Terraform and Ansible
- Strong DevOps focus (Cloud & OnPrem) and experience building and deploying infrastructure using technology such as ansible, chef, puppet, etc.
- Experience with AWS (or comparable cloud environments)
- Experience writing and supporting distributed services
- Proficient with Scrum/Agile development methodologies
- Experience with design patterns, test-driven development, and automated testing frameworks
- Expertise in defining and delivering complex technical solutions to technical customers/users.
- Medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play funds so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we’re excited to hear from you. Don’t be discouraged if you feel you don’t fully meet every single one of the requirements for a particular role, there’s always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you!