Development Manager - Live Operations
Development Managers are delivery leaders at Riot. We lead teams to deliver player value through effective agile work systems and practices. While driving internal alignment and accountability for teams and development organizations, we are consistently focusing on continual improvement.
As an Development Manager on the Live Operations team, you will oversee all aspects of delivery throughout the development and operating life cycle. You will embed on teams and work with the team leads and the Head of Live Operations to develop a shared vision for development and delivery of both engineering, project, and service work. Your work will ensure that our game teams can meet their needs and that our department continually improves. You will report directly to the Head of Live Operations.
- Work with the Head of Live Operations to help align teams towards complex multi-year goals while meeting the operational needs of current customers
- Assess the team's health, and composition, striving for cohesion and delivery excellence
- Manage development schedules and workflows, while raising risks, managing trade-offs, and eliminating blockers
- Run team rituals and daily meetings while finding ways to improve their efficiency and effectiveness
- Assess a team's current situation and adapt planning tools, Agile methodologies, and communication channels to ensure successful, sustainable and reliable delivery
- Create transparency and predictability with road maps, planning, and active risk management
- Help drive team agreement on decisions and ensure that appropriate resources are employed
- Experience in a delivery lead role
- Understand how to guide hardware/software products through entire life cycle – from launch, to maintaining and operating a live service
- Has helped charter projects and teams
- Has overseen team health by tracking and helping improve it
- Guide teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple groups
- Prior success developing productive working relationships with team members, colleagues, and all customers.
- Experience managing projects/tasks, project planning, and schedule development.
- Experience working in a DevOps or site reliability engineering environments
- Knowledge of agile and waterfall methodologies
- Knowledge of how to implement and improve work systems on Team of Team level and pod level
- Experience facilitating virtual meetings that are inclusive, engaging.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).