Senior Software Engineer (Unity) - Legends of Runeterra
Job Id: REQ-0000472
Established in 2020, the Singapore Studio is Riot’s second international game development studio. Working together with our Hong Kong Studio, Riot has been expanding our footprint in Asia and accelerating our talent growth to develop games that deliver great experiences to our players. Our mission is to “scale Riot’s games to hyper-serve players.”
We partner with our LA headquarters on game development for League of Legends, Teamfight Tactics, and Legends of Runeterra. We’re also building teams for VALORANT and Project L, our take on a fighting game. The Singapore Studio is seeking talented, passionate Rioters with backgrounds in all areas of game development to build games that make it better to be a player.
We’re focused on working together to promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and inclusivity, so every Rioter can be their best while we boldly pursue games.
That's where you come in
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the chance to work in multiple broader domains. As a Senior Software Engineer (Unity), you’ll work with our technology, building creative and fresh solutions to overcome high-volume obstacles and to provide positive player value. You will be responsible for designing and building features in LoR’s Around-The-Game experience. This includes systems such as Social features and Game Modes.
- Help lead a Sprint Team that delivers code to players in a bi-weekly release schedule
- Create technical designs for new features and architectural changes
- Break designs into smaller tasks, and mentor more junior engineers in completing those tasks across multiple sprints
- Develop C# microservices to support a live Unity game
- Create standards to ensure high quality code
- Coach and mentor more junior engineers through code reviews and 1-on-1 feedbacks
- Take ownership of live features and engineer technical improvements
- Align with international teams on coding standards, engineering practices, and technology updates to ensure the longevity of LoR
- Bachelor degrees in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- In-depth experience working with Game Engine(s) (e.g., Unity, Unreal, Inhouse/proprietary game engines)
- 8+ years experience in professional full stack software development
- OO Development experience in one language (C#, Java, C++, Python, Ruby)
- Experience mentoring team members to level up their technical capabilities
- Experience working in a large scale project with distributed development teams
- Understanding of microservices architecture
- Familiarity with SQL and Database systems
- Experience with Cloud Technology
- Familiarity working in an agile environment
- Experience with Unity Engine
- C# experience
- Experience operating and prioritizing work around live software and games as a service
- A love for competitive card games, digital or print
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
- Full relocation support
- Full health insurance for you, your spouse and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play Fund so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we will notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us that you take play seriously.