Senior Software Engineer, Content Support - VALORANT
Job Id: REQ-0001276
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in many broader domains. As a Software Engineer, you’ll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team goals. You’ll lead without authority and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
VALORANT is Riot’s take on a character-based tactical shooter (for more info on VALORANT click here!). As Software Engineer II on the VALORANT team you will help Riot continue to build and deliver our exciting entry into the FPS genre. You will keep the players' experience in mind as you build systems and features to support VALORANT’s development team. You will also work with artists, designers, and producers to deliver genre-defining experiences to our players. You will report to our Engineering Manager.
- Help build the engine technology that powers VALORANT
- Monitor and increase the performance of the game client
- Build and implement tools for artists across multiple platforms
- Resolve pipeline issues and to identify areas for improvement
- Work with Artist and Art teams to help realize the vision of the game
- 3+ years of experience
- 2+ years of experience with C++
- Experience in low-level optimization
- Working knowledge of how to integrate common content types into games
- Familiarity working in an agile environment
- 4+ years of experience
- Experience working in games industry
- Experience with Unreal Engine
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.