Senior Illustrator - Marketing
Job Id: 4412
Senior Illustrator - Marketing
(employment contract with Redside, a subsidiary company of Riot China)
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As part of the Creative and Art Service team, you’ll put stylus to Cintiq and create promotional art that represents the essence of a champion, thematic, or gameplay to millions of players. You will use your artistic eye and keen understanding of dynamic lighting, form, and color to tell concise and evocative stories. By closely collaborating with a team of dedicated illustrators, visual designers, writers, animators and game developers, you will help define and illustrate each champion’s unique place in our universe.
As a Senior Illustrator on Riot Games China Publishing Team, you will report to a Manager, Art Direction. In this role, you will bring a universe to life through key art illustrations to be used across a variety of platforms, artwork in a variety of art styles as they apply to different games and thematic such as League of Legends, League of Legends: Wild Rift, Teamfight Tactics, Valorant, and Legends of Runeterra.
- Competent craft quality executor with feedback
- Operate autonomously and provide hands-on and verbal feedback to outsourcers
- Consistently adheres to Style Guides
- Develops new styles that define a game or thematic
- Active member of your craft community
- Seeks growth with assistance from manager and team
- Adheres to team rituals and deadlines and participates in their facilitation
- Develops solutions that improve team efficiency and quality of work
- 4+ years’ experience in entertainment or marketing industry
- Skills in 3D/2D Software - Maya, ZBrush, Photoshop, Paint Tool SAI and Substance Painter/Designer
- Showcase ability to paint in a variety of art styles
- Experience with marketing creative development
- Familiarity with League of Legends Characters, IP Universes and Lore
- Experience working in-house with creative teams
- Experience owning and effectively communicating about projects and workflow
- AAA Game Development experience
- Experience in Visual Development or world building for games, film, or animation
- Familiarity with motion graphics pipeline
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
As a Rioter in China, you'll join a team of internationally and culturally diverse professionals that share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention and maniacal passion for gaming.
To reinforce Riot’s collaborative culture in our China offices, we’ve decided to do away with the constraints of traditional hierarchical title structures that are more common in the region. Titles don’t really matter at any of Riot’s offices, but we chose to take this extra step in our China offices to foster a space where teamwork thrives. We believe that removing this constraint will promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and a focus on results. We promise you won’t need a title at Riot to make an impact.
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.