Manager, Data Engineering - Global Esports
Job Id: REQ-0001756
As a Manager, Data Engineering on the Global Esports team, you'll ensure a wealth of new fan experiences across Esports by providing new data capabilities to our products. You will partner with product leads and members of the greater Riot Technology team to inject data into products to personalize and adapt the fan experience to their needs. You will partner with strategists and leaders across Esports to shape and evaluate performance data to create future fan experiences. You'll work with the broader technical leads to establish technology standards, mentor other engineers, and architect the systems to promote deeper fan and player immersion in the Riot universe.
You will report to the Director of Strategic Advisory.
- Owner for technical strategy, architecture, and implementation of Riot Marketing Technology capabilities across the Esports product surface
- Grow a team of data engineers to ensure the next generation of esports experiences
- Be the bridge between Esports Digital product teams and Marketing Technology developments to transform product aspirations of using data into integrated capabilities
- Work with external partners to safely connect data ecosystems to fuel crossover fan experiences
- Evaluate opportunities to use technologies that allow new fan experiences and experience curation through data. Work with product teams to build a strategy to prioritize and introduce these technologies
- Oversee data processes for quality control, feedback mechanisms, and product performance. Partner with analysts to develop new means to visualize and report on these elements for partners
- Be an Esports representative in technology decision-making for data and marketing systems that span Riot Games
- Help developers select data technologies that provide efficient insights with a high return on investment
- Provide technical leadership and mentor data & software engineers on the WWP Tech team
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or comparable experience
- 6+ years experience in Python, Scala, Java, or similar data processing programming language
- 3+ years experience with Spark, Hadoop, or Databricks
- 3+ years in a leadership and managerial position
- Experience ensuring engineering best practices within your team, including design/code reviews, coding standards, source control management, build processes, and testing
- Experience working collaboratively across multiple teams and customers to accomplish deliverables
- Experience with SQL, databases, and data pipelining technologies and ETL frameworks
- Experience implementing data solutions in public cloud technologies including configuration and deployment
- Experience working with analytics tools such as Google Analytics and Singular MMP
- Experience working with digital media and cross-device data from major networks like Facebook and Google Ads
- Experience with CRM or CDP platforms like Salesforce Marketing Cloud
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).