Senior Systems Engineer - Player Platform, Build
Job Id: REQ-0002395
As a member of the Build team, you will support the secure and reliable build and release of internal products to Riot's game teams, including the Riot Client and Player Platform SDK. You will leverage your experience to maintain and improve the health of our build farm and increase the efficiency and speed of the CI/CD build jobs. You will lead efforts to improve the capabilities of the build farm guided by customer need.
As a Senior Systems Engineer, you will partner with a team of outstanding engineers and craft leads to support products that are used by hundreds of Rioters and millions of players every day. These efforts include a replatform from datacenter to AWS and improving the observability of our job pipelines and build nodes. Additional projects in consideration include leveraging ephemeral build nodes. You will mentor other engineers to accelerate both their growth and yours. You will report to the Engineering Manager of the Build team in Player Platform.
- Support existing build and release processes, and improve them to handle additional deployment channels and platforms
- Ensure high availability of the build farm nodes and associated systems
- Plan, design, deploy and operate new features that support the growth of the build farm
- Implement and operate services and tools used by Riot developers, and help deliver value to Riot players world-wide
- 5+ years of experience building software services, tools or automation, or related experience
- Experience managing and improving CI/CD pipelines leveraging common tools like Jenkins, Git, and Perforce
- Experience with configuration management and orchestration tools, such as Ansible, Salt and Packer.
- Experience refactoring large and complex build job pipelines into modularized, well tested and reusable units
- Experience with Cloud platforms such as AWS
- Experience working with Python, Groovy
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).