Sr. Manager, Marketing, Riot Esports
Job Id: REQ-0002701
As the leader of Riot Esports Digital Product Publishing efforts you’ll be responsible for developing the long term brand strategy and delivering campaigns that drive engagement and growth for Riot Esports digital products and content. Reporting to the Head of Global Esports Publishing you will lead a cross functional team of marketers, communications pros and creatives. Working closely with Business Development, League Operations, Digital Products, Insights and Regional esports teams you will shape the global fan experience and build an audience for Riot Esports digital products and content. You will build a brand that fans love, connect them to the content that matters most and keep them coming back for more.
What you’ll do:
- Lead a cross functional team of passionate marketing, comms and creative pros
- Craft the multi-year publishing vision and global marketing strategy for Riot Esports digital products and content
- Develop and lead product growth strategy (paid and organic) partnering with the strategy, product, and regional marketing teams
- Work with Rioters and agency teams to deliver effective creative campaigns that drive fan growth and deepen engagement with the product
- Partner with the product team and the WWP team to manage and optimize product marketing across the entire fan lifecycle.
- Work closely with the WWP team to manage organic and paid media campaigns along with first party publishing (apple and google) relationships
- Work closely with regional marketing teams to ensure local platform adoption and engagement
- Partner with the business strategy team to develop actionable fan insights based on consumer behavior and translate them into marketing initiatives that improve ROI and increase value for fans
- Develop and lead marketing experiments across all stages of the funnel to improve
- Partner with the business strategy team to evaluate the performance of all marketing and communications activities and report brand performance to the global esports senior leadership team
- 8+ years of experience leading high performing global marketing and communications campaigns
- Experience leading a cross functional team of marketing, communications and creative professionals within the sports, entertainment or games industries
- Deep functional knowledge of marketing, communications and creative disciplines
- Proven success leading paid and organic growth marketing initiatives at scale
- Global experience working at an international HQ or across different countries/markets.
- Interest in esports, in particular League of Legends, or experience working in sports content and media (organization, leagues, partners, agencies, teams, etc.).
- Agency and project management experience at global scale
- Experience developing, managing and growing content pipelines (in-house and agency)
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.